Conecuh Cajun Sausage

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
i want to try the Conecuh Cajun Sausage but my stores do not sell it and can order it from my store but have to order a whole case . My qustion how spicey is it compared to the hot or is it just a different taste profile ? I love all the others that I have tried .

Last edited:
I've never heard of this brand but anything with the word Cajun doesn't always equate to it being spicier than normal hot. It's usually not by much if it is. The biggest difference will be the flavor as opposed to the heat in most situations.

Our Walmart has all varieties of the Conecuh sausage. I'm not a fan of anything cajun; so I have never tried the cajun variety. All the others that I have tried were delicious.

OIFMarine Chris (or Shagdog Matt) brought a couple varieties of Conecuh to a gig up here in June. Stuff blew my frigging mind! I believe he had the Cajun. I don't think anything they make is less than stellar! Perhaps Brother TuscaloosaQ will chime in! JefFreak, isn't Paul on your speed dial? I mean, doesn't he just keep your bank info on file for future Shirley orders? ;) The man should be a Conecuh partial owner! I KNOW he can answer your questions!

OIFMarine Chris (or Shagdog Matt) brought a couple varieties of Conecuh to a gig up here in June. Stuff blew my frigging mind! I believe he had the Cajun. I don't think anything they make is less than stellar! Perhaps Brother TuscaloosaQ will chime in! JefFreak, isn't Paul on your speed dial? I mean, doesn't he just keep your bank info on file for future Shirley orders? ;) The man should be a Conecuh partial owner! I KNOW he can answer your questions!

speed dial and what is your problem ? :hand:

Perhaps Brother TuscaloosaQ will chime in! JefFreak, isn't Paul on your speed dial? I mean, doesn't he just keep your bank info on file for future Shirley orders? ;) The man should be a Conecuh partial owner! I KNOW he can answer your questions!

Speed dial? What is this, 1995? I am sure they FaceTime each other every night!

this is why this place is a joke recently and this place has gone down hill and you just can not answer a question .

Not very spicy. A brethren sent me some and it is awesome! Even the hot is fantastic!
I got a wild hair one morning and grilled some up, sliced and into the gravy it went... biscuits, fresh eggs...changed my whole view on biscuits and gravy man!!!

I would love a case, so I'll be speaking with my grocery...it's that good!!

-D

Never had the hot kind, but we love it. Our favorite is the think smoked sausage. Lately, we don’t cook anything without a pound or two of Conecuh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I for one was just trying to bump your thread before it rolled off page 1. Sorry if I used a little (or tried to) humor. :doh:

it was not you buddy but I am saying goodbye to this forum tomorrow when I have time to delete everything and all the pics and to many smart ass in here now . I have made a lot of friends in here but to me more hates as of late and seen why others do not post here now .

Conecuh sausage is absolutely some of the cast sausage you will ever eat... made right here in Alabama... very unique flavor... as far as different taste ...they have original... smoked...spicy ... Cajun... none of it is overwhelmingly different than the other to me.... I do not like hot food or sausage .... and I like all of the conecuh brands.... I like spicy food such as Cajun food.. but none the different brands are to spicy

Conecuh sausage is absolutely some of the cast sausage you will ever eat... made right here in Alabama... very unique flavor... as far as different taste ...they have original... smoked...spicy ... Cajun... none of it is overwhelmingly different than the other to me.... I do not like hot food or sausage .... and I like all of the conecuh brands.... I like spicy food such as Cajun food.. but none the different brands are to spicy

Is there a store front at their factory or something? I will seriously go there and buy a case if there is. Currently buying 4 pounds at a time from Walmart.

Jeff, I'm truly sorry that I was misinterpreted. I've always enjoyed your posts, and was trying to thread a little humor into a slightly helpful reply.

My reference to you and Paul re: speed dial etc was meant to be a compliment since you've had a few of his beautiful cookers in just a few years; making fun of my own envy of you. I'd love to have a SF and will never afford one, so I was poking myself, not you.

Again, I'm sorry if I somehow offended you and would hate to contribute to a valued member like yourself leaving.

Best Regards,
Chris

Why do I always feel guilty when someone departs?

All the Conecuh I’ve tried have been perfectly spiced. I can tell a difference, but nothing I recall as hot. Their product to me is worth it for the casing. May be the best I buy.

Last edited:
None of the Conecuh sausage that I've tried has been overly spicy, even the "Hot".

I find the Cajun to be a tad salty, but, not so much I don't use it in something, just not stand alone....

Back