Andrew's gotcha covered. I would definitely plan on more time than the website recommends. I also find much less stress if I time things for a 4-hour hold so if I'm running late it's no biggie. Finally, I like BP too, but if things aren't moving along like you want you can always bail out and use foil--that'll speed it up a little more. If it were mine, I'd put it on at 6:00 or 7:00. Good luck and let us know how goes it.

Okay. Gonna try a brisket flat and a couple of 1/2 racks of baby backs today for cook number two. The pork butts from last week turned into some of the best Eastern NC bbq I have ever made.

We shall see how I do with ribs and brisket.

How many racks of St Louis cut ribs can you fit on a PBS where its still functions properly?

The baby backs are done. This is the brisket at 160* right before I wrapped it to put it back on the grate.

Attachments

• 78189C2A-FDF0-4AAA-B342-BCD5749CE232.jpg
    78189C2A-FDF0-4AAA-B342-BCD5749CE232.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 216
  • C5B44420-4BC4-4971-9490-8A10F87D69B2.jpg
    C5B44420-4BC4-4971-9490-8A10F87D69B2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 216
Just slightly dry on the thinner end but I am not complaining at all. This was only my second cook. Getting the vent a little more open is good. Once again, things should improve from here. The ribs I posted above are outstanding.

Attachments

• 4A4A7553-7C86-4AA4-91E7-9DE9287B1980.jpg
    4A4A7553-7C86-4AA4-91E7-9DE9287B1980.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 340
Cooked two more butts today. Think I have the vent figured out for my specific situation now. Cooker ran at 290 for about three straight hours and then slowly dropped down into 270ish territory for the rest. That is fine by me. After I pull them, the butts are going over to my favorite guitar shop for a little because we can feast on Saturday.

Attachments

• 7EA9F41C-A029-4813-8CCF-8E63DFDDDD93.jpg
    7EA9F41C-A029-4813-8CCF-8E63DFDDDD93.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 314
Yep, took me a few cooks to get the intake set, but once you’ve got it dialed in you can bring the thunder.

Will probably be a little while before I cook something else. I am a teacher and staff reports Monday. Will be relegated to weekends for now.

Damn, I'm upset I come back from vacation to the PBCAT on page 5....We cooked a lot while at the beach. Wings, some bacon-wrapped jalapenos with blue cheese filling, a brie, and the best were these prime filets from Costco...

ruzWEI3.jpg

3XTZPCH.jpg

OaJ0LKF.jpg

Damn, I'm upset I come back from vacation to the PBCAT on page 5....We cooked a lot while at the beach. Wings, some bacon-wrapped jalapenos with blue cheese filling, a brie, and the best were these prime filets from Costco...

Those tenderloins look great! I still need to do that one day.
Nice work! :thumb::thumb:

Well, here is the replacement barrel and lid for my PBC that developed a rust hole in the bottom. I also ordered a 30 gallon barrel dolly off of Amazon to make moving the barrel around a lot easier.
NOuiRdOl.jpg

Well, here is the replacement barrel and lid for my PBC that developed a rust hole in the bottom. I also ordered a 30 gallon barrel dolly off of Amazon to make moving the barrel around a lot easier.
NOuiRdOl.jpg

Had to look up what the green line in the flag meant. Have never seen it before aside from the fire/police red/blue. Very cool!

NOuiRdOl.jpg
Just curious, have you cooked with the barrel on the wheels? I might order a set of those.

Back