• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Carne with pics and recipe

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Had a long day today with the family but we got to make some carne asade from Flank steak….heres the pics they speak for them selves. I’ll post up the recipe for the marinade, the best I have run across for sure.

resting

plated

thx for lookin

marinade for carne asade

This traditional Mexican Carne Asada marinade recipe will marinade 5-6 pounds of meat and can be easily halved or doubled.
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (can substitute with white vinegar)

• 1/3 cup lime juice (can substitute with lemon juice)

• 1/3 cup orange juice

• 1 cup water

• 2 tablespoons peeled fresh garlic - crushed

• 1 tablespoons white pepper

• 1 1/2 tablespoons salt

• 1 tablespoon ground cumin

• 1 tablespoon chili powder

• 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano

• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

• 1/2 orange, sliced

• 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped (no stems)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. To use with beef, place beef in gallon sized freezer bag or in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Pour carne asada marinade on top of beef, cover dish or close bag, and marinate beef for at least 1 hour before grilling.

Thx guys, I'm just glad I thought ahead and bought double the amount of meat I needed to feed people....Now I got leftovers for the week :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, you know how to do it! Corn tortillas, carne, diced onion and fresh cilantro. Sometimes I like to have a radish or two along with it. Sounds weird, but it totally works!

Oh no you are spot on with the radishes.....we just forgot and thx!
Oh yeah, you know how to do it! Corn tortillas, carne, diced onion and fresh cilantro. Sometimes I like to have a radish or two along with it. Sounds weird, but it totally works!

thanks for the recipe... been lookin for one and just by the list it looks like it will please my taste buds... BTW the finished product looks great

Back