Panko Crusted Flounder Tacos

B

BBQ Bros

Cooked up some panko crusted flounder tacos last night, served w/ a homemade avocado cream sauce and a store bought mango salsa. Could have made the salso too, but I was feeling a bit lazy and I've had the one from the store before and it's really good, so I figured why waste the time and energy on that part.

Fried up the flounder strips in peanut oil. Came out great.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4296.jpg
    IMG_4296.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4293.jpg
    IMG_4293.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4294.jpg
    IMG_4294.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4303.jpg
    IMG_4303.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4304.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 136
Looks great, love fish tacos. What's the low down on the avacado sauce?

That looks awesome. I might be changing the menu for tonight now. Care to share the avocado cream recipe?

Thanks. Local meat market had fresh flounder and the wife just came home with the other supplies. Thanks for the dinner inspiration!

i had my first fish taco's a couple weeks ago. ( i have spent my whole life in beef country, neither fish nor tacos are real big up here :-D ) i loved the sweetness of the mango salsa, it had a nice back door heat to it as well.

even though it was perkins, i really liked them and have added them too my short list of things to make myself. any tips on what type of fish to buy? talapia? cod?

I just prepped the avocado sauce. I admit, I licked the beaters. That stuff is awesome! I could eat a bowl of that on its own.

Jimmy, I have had mahi mahi, tilapia, cod, haddock, halibut, swordfish, and even chunked up tuna steak on fish tacos. Any firm white fish (although tuna isn't) should work. Try the avocado sauce. It rocks!

I love fish tacos!
I think the best I've ever had, though, had grilled fish in them. Ever tried em that way?

THOSE look fantastic!:clap:

How bout sharing it here within the thread?

Bob

I'm not trying to drive traffic to my blog, I just hate typing things out twice. But...by the power of Copy & Paste... I grant you your request :grin:

Avocado Cream Sauce
1 large avocado
1/2 lime
1/4 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of mayo
Salt
Minced garlic
Cayenne pepper
Oregano
Dill weed

Pit and cut the avocado into chunks – I cut the avocado in half, then slice it inside the skin (without piercing the skin), then spoon out the sliced pieces into a medium bowl. Squeeze fresh lime over the slices. Add the mayo, sour cream and the remaining ingredients to taste. Blend together until creamy (I use a hand-held blender).

Man, I am a lover of fish tacos, we do them a lot on the grill. Thanks for posting that, it looks Excellent.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried corn tortillas? They work so well with fish IMO so may be worth a try for comparison.

Thanks again for the post!

Oh man....now I gotta go buy some fish...sigh...:hungry: :clap:

Man, I am a lover of fish tacos, we do them a lot on the grill. Thanks for posting that, it looks Excellent.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried corn tortillas? They work so well with fish IMO so may be worth a try for comparison.

Thanks again for the post!

no i haven't, but i'll take your word on it and try that next time! thanks! :thumb:

Back