Carne Deshebrada

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Having a Taco Tuesday potluck next week and thinking about doing Carne Deshebrada (shredded beef). Figured smoking a chuck roast for it and wondering if anybody had some recipes, tips, suggestions, etc.

Having a Taco Tuesday potluck next week and thinking about doing Carne Deshebrada (shredded beef). Figured smoking a chuck roast for it and wondering if anybody had some recipes, tips, suggestions, etc.
I like this one and here my cook thread.

I started with 7lbs of Chuck Roast so adjust accordingly.

8 cloves of garlic minced
3 chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped (if you like more heat add more or less add less)
1 red onion chopped
1/2 cup of lime juice
2 cups of beef broth
4 table spoons of apple cider vinegar
6 bay leaves
2 table spoons of cumin
2 table spoons of oregano
2 teaspoons of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of course black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves

3 chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped (if you like more heat add more or less add less)
1 red onion chopped
1/2 cup of lime juice
2 cups of beef broth
6 bay leaves
2 table spoons of cumin

Can't miss with this recipe, check out his cook thread and happy eating that is incredible!

I smoke my chucks till about 160 then put in a pan with onions, peppers, garlic and beer I raise the chuck with rolled up aluminum foil and then cover with foil Raise temp of gill put it back on and cook till tender and I can shred it This is done I put it back on the grill to cook off some liquid I always like it

1 red onion chopped
1/2 cup of lime juice
2 cups of beef broth
6 bay leaves
2 table spoons of cumin

I just took your cook thread and made it into a BBQ recipe for my Google Drive for later eatin! Thanks, super awesome!

About how long did you leave your beef uncovered to cook down at the end though?

I just took your cook thread and made it into a BBQ recipe for my Google Drive for later eatin! Thanks, super awesome!

About how long did you leave your beef uncovered to cook down at the end though?
@350 about an hour but start checking at 30min, I like to give it a stir at 30min in and it depends on how much liquid you want to reduce.

Doing this cook tomorrow with a Pork Butt, just switching out the beef stock, Pork turns out just as good.

Sounds awesome, please update and let us know how it turned out. We're having a potluck lunch in a few weeks and it is 'Hispanic Food' themed, so this is a possibility.

Back