2 13# Brisket Pron for Church Retreat tomorrow

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
(Updated Pics 1152)2 13# Brisket Pron for Church Retreat tomorrow

Here is a little pron for yall. got volunteered by the OL to cook two briskets for church tomorrow. Put em on at about 2100 and thinking i should be able to pull em off around 1030-1200'ish tomorrow. Rubbed em both down with Gordon's Grub Rub, about 0830 this morning, wrapped em and stuck em in the fridge, when i went to put em on the WSM of course most of the GR had liquified like we had talked about in an earlier thread. I think it is due to the amount of brownsugar in the rub. Any who, finished pics will be here in the AM. get this puppy dialed in and go back to bed for a while.
100_1277.jpg
100_1280.jpg
100_1283.jpg
100_1284.jpg

Last edited:
FatDaddy, it looked really good but....I don't know how you downloaded this thing but it was all over the computer screen...like a weird deal. I bet it tasted great.

Those are nice looking briskets. Whats the weight on them?

Looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the treat for the retreat! :lol:

Gordons Grub Rub. I Just got up and checked on my coals. its runnin about 210 not bad after 6 hours of burn, it got up to about 230 as a high. Ony thing im concerned with is that both briskets seemed to be cooking rather quickly. THey are both hovering around the 170-175 mark and its only 0345, they are gonna be done way before i need them. think they will be ok coolered for about 4 hours? or should i go ahead and slice em up before i take em to church. had kinda wanted to slice and chop right before we eat. Gotta out do the old lady that brought one in from her oven at the last retreat and everyone raved over hers lol...

I think coolered would be ok. May be a while at 170. Why not foil and lower temp in cooker to @ 190 after reaching desired temp? Lots of apple juice in foit to keep moist. Hopefully a expert will chime in and we both can learn something.

Gotta out do the old lady that brought one in from her oven at the last retreat and everyone raved over hers lol...

Isn't this an example on of the the deadly sins? As punishment, pack up those briskets and ship to me here in Cali. We will bless each morsel to make things right and seek forgiveness for you as we taste all of that sinful food....

I would think you are going to be okay, but I have only done about 6 briskets, so I would defer to more experience in this.

WEll took em of the smoker at 0700 Gonna be a while till lunch at 1300. got them coolered. only thing is i think they are a little over done. pulled em at 200* not what i wanted but i forgot to reset my alarm to get up at 6 to check em.

Well Here are the updated pics after slicing and chopping. It was way over done for my taste. But the Fiance said it was real good. It was falling apart when i was moving it over to the serving dish. I probably should have just chopped it all and sauced it for sammys and picked up some buns. But time doesnt permit. It was very tasty and moist. and had a great smoke ring and good firm bark. I just cant believe they were done in 9 hours. any who here are the pics.Smoked em with kingsford and pecan chunks..
100_1290.jpg
100_1291.jpg
100_1292.jpg

Holy cow those look good. 13 pounders done in 9 hours ... that was fast ... sure you weren't cooking those 350 or 400!

Gordons Grub Rub. I Just got up and checked on my coals. its runnin about 210 not bad after 6 hours of burn, it got up to about 230 as a high. Ony thing im concerned with is that both briskets seemed to be cooking rather quickly. THey are both hovering around the 170-175 mark and its only 0345, they are gonna be done way before i need them. think they will be ok coolered for about 4 hours? or should i go ahead and slice em up before i take em to church. had kinda wanted to slice and chop right before we eat. Gotta out do the old lady that brought one in from her oven at the last retreat and everyone raved over hers lol...

I'd leave them coolered FatDaddy. Those things will stay warm in a cooler for like 7-8 hours so you will be more than fine. Honestly I think their better after they sit for 4 hours. Don't slice until you are ready to serve. they will dry out. They look awesome by the way!

Oops, I just read up...so forget my last post. They still look awesome!!! haha :grin:

Well they loved em. all of it went. enlightened on some delicious BlueCollar sauce from SpiceWine, maybe getting a few new orders from texas!! another lady brought a brisket drowning in sauce in a crockpot that a guy did for her at the begiinning of the week. It was all still there. when we cleaned up.

Back