Anyone Use Nexgrill gassers?

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get a gasser, which I've been wanting to for quite some time. Ones at HD get decent reviews other than people saying they rust. Really looking at the $200 one as I might also get another pellet cooker.

I just want more grilling room for nights during the week. My tailgater doesn't have much of that. Also the larger Pellet grill i might get from Costco has some grill area, but still not as much as one of these.

So thoughts on Nexgrill? Since I'm getting another pellet cooker I just don't want to spend $1000 on a Genesis........but certainly get their quality.

$200
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgril...Burner-and-Condiment-Rack-720-0888S/310654543

$400
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgril...r-and-Infrared-Technology-720-0882A/206362558

I’m sure a NexGrill will serve you ok for a few seasons… but given the choice, I’d buy a well taken care of USED Weber 8 days/wk over a NEW NexGrill. Just my personal preference. Performance and longevity of the Weber is almost guaranteed to run circles around the NG.

I would check out a Huntington or a Broil Hing or Broil Mate. Good cast aluminum fire box, outstanding warranty and customer service.

I haven’t used any of their full-size grills but I did buy a tabletop Nexgrill two burner grill with a cast lid from Costco several years ago and it seems nice for the infrequent use I give it. Around here you can get a used but nice condition one or two generation old Genesis for $300-400, in which case I’d probably opt for that instead of the Nexgrill.

I haven’t used any of their full-size grills but I did buy a tabletop Nexgrill two burner grill with a cast lid from Costco several years ago and it seems nice for the infrequent use I give it. Around here you can get a used but nice condition one or two generation old Genesis for $300-400, in which case I’d probably opt for that instead of the Nexgrill.

Ya I'll go check costco for them too. That might be where I get my new pellet cooker. Starting the looking today so might not get anything yet.......maybe

Weber looks nice though20210619_102315.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

LOL! Man, some brethren just can’t help themselves… lol. Congrats :)

I had a nextgrill for about 4 years. It was nice at first, but even covered and cleaned it rusted. None of my other 5 grills/smokers did that.

If I got another gasser, it would be a Webber, good choice.

Thanks folks. About to fire up the weber on the other thread I created. Oddly in all the stuff I've owned over the years including weber kettles and WSM, I've never owned a weber gasser.

Wife also reminded me of webers customer service which my dumb brain wasn't thinking of.

Super excited and from the comments here glad I got this. My BGE has already been looking at me cross-eyed :icon_blush:

Congrats on the Weber!!! They keep parts inventory so should you ever need it, they will most likely have a replacement available.

Nexgrill not so much. They were smart by getting brand license agreements with known companies like KitchenAid to sell to dummy's like myself who believed KitchenAid or JennAir would never allow their name on a crappy product.

I bought a very pretty stainless JennAir Branded Nexgrill which lasted almost two years before a gas leak developed in one of the tubes, caught on fire internally, and melted all the wiring inside along with two of the burner knobs. Zero replacement parts available, zero support from "customer service", zero support from the retailer.

I use one every weekday, cooking for around 35 people. I like it. The one I use has cast iron grates which I also like.

I really like both my Weber Genesis II and Kettle. Use both about the same. Nothing beats a gasser for sure convenience, and certain things I like the roasted the best off a gasser.

Back