Didn't get my identity wood by it's bark Merritt badge!!

Scmoose2

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Any help telling if I can use any of the loose wood, would be appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• 20180608_143918.jpg
    20180608_143918.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 209
It all looks usable to me. Just trying to decide from the bark. I’ll reserve my final vote until I can get a closer look and a sniff or two.

Hard to tell from the photo. The tight-barked stuff on the right looks like it might be hickory, but I bet you don't have hickory in Utah. It also kinda looks like serviceberry - looks like you have a couple species of that in Utah. https://plants.sc.egov.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=AMUT

Can't really say anything about the rough-barked pieces.

Got a nb bandera smoker from someone from Texas the wood was with it. The person who used the smoker wasn't home when I picked it up so I didn't get much info on the wood.

Got a nb bandera smoker from someone from Texas the wood was with it. The person who used the smoker wasn't home when I picked it up so I didn't get much info on the wood.

Looks like pecan and maybe some oak on the left and hickory on the right. I'd use it.

I agree with Robert.

To me it all looks like tree wood rather than Bushwood, so you've got that going for you, which is nice. Another Cinderella story!

The left looks like oak the right is May be maple. If you need wood there is an supplier at 3300s off the right side of I 15 called standard wood he has post oak apple cherry and hickory

Without being able to smell it, or the leaves, it is hard to tell. Hit it with a torch, and give it a smell. That should give you a better idea of what kind of wood it is.

Back