3 Bay Sink & Hand Wash Station

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thinking of entering my first comp this year. Was going to do it last year but all the PNWBA events were canceled after March or so. They have a good thread on this on the PNWBA site but I thought I would post here as well. Could you please post pictures of your 3 bay sink and hand wash station setups?

I think a lot of people use bus tubs to meet the sink requirement and a 5 gallon cooler for hand wash. Are there better options I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

Matt

For our first KCBS comp I bought smaller clear tubs with lids, and labeled them. For the hand rinse I used a Cambro coffee server which has a locking valve. A catch basin was underneath.

I have a portable single sink bay I take with me........and that's all I use. I carry two small tubs in the trailer in case somebody asks me to show them my 3 bay setup.

I only cook a few times per year, but in 7-8 years of competing I have never been asked to show my 3 bay setup.

I have a portable single sink bay I take with me........and that's all I use. I carry two small tubs in the trailer in case somebody asks me to show them my 3 bay setup.

I only cook a few times per year, but in 7-8 years of competing I have never been asked to show my 3 bay setup.

Same here single bay sink , never been asked to have 3 bay sink.

For reference, the KCBS rules only say this about washing:

d) Sanitizing of work area should be implemented with the use of a bleach/water rinse (one cap/gallon of water)
Each contestant will provide a separate container for washing, rinsing, and sanitizing of utensils

Back