• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Thread

Hotch

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well as most of you know me, it's never too early to start planning our next Texas BBQ Brethren Bash for the Spring of 2021.
I've been watching the requirements for the Texas State parks and they still have not changed from a limit of 10, 6" clearance and masks required.

With that in play ronbrad62 suggested "Then let's do strategically placed groups of 10 at tables 6' apart. We could have a couple of pop ups for shade."

I just tried to reserve a pavillion and their system won't allow it.
Should we wait a while and see if they open it up?

So let's hear your thoughts and ideas about The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash.
:mrgreen:

I really don't know if anyone ( government entities) will want to be the one that authorizes larger gatherings first. It's probably going to be a "wait and see" type of deal. If anyone knows any landowners or hunting clubs that would allow us to use their facilities, that may be our best bet.

I really don't know if anyone ( government entities) will want to be the one that authorizes larger gatherings first. It's probably going to be a "wait and see" type of deal. If anyone knows any landowners or hunting clubs that would allow us to use their facilities, that may be our best bet.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a good friend in Greenville TX that has a standalone unoccupied building with a large fenced side yard. But Greenville is a bit east of DFW.

I have enough room to have it at my place. There is an RV park across the highway for the campers.
Paul and I talked about this a little last fall.

That sounds like a solid plan with no outside entity to throw down regulations to be followed.

At this time it looks like I will need to get our mayors approval since the gathering will be more than 10 people.
Not a big deal as he regularly has coffee with our car club Friday mornings.

At this time it looks like I will need to get our mayors approval since the gathering will be more than 10 people.
Not a big deal as he regularly has coffee with our car club Friday mornings.

Invite him to it, as well. I've seen a few mayors, councilmen, and politicians in general, and they all love to eat!

Thanks for the offer. Where is your place located?
My thought was to try and stay with the Spring Bash in the DFW area and the Fall Bash down South.

Damn, a week too late. Was in Vicksburg last week, still had to mask up and some places had the silly social distancing.

Please go to the sign up link, in my signature line, and put the names of who will be at the Bash.
It does help in a big way on planning.
Thanks. :mrgreen:

For some reason, I can't access the sign up sheet, so put me down as a strong maybe, provided there are no obstacles that life tends to throw at you, I will be there.

It’s just google sheets. ��

I’ll put you in for a grad maybe! :grin:

Back