MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I just grabbed a ruler and tried to measure it. Part of it is covered by the flap but it looks to be 3 1/2", and on mine about 50% is covered.

Part of the design of the PBC is it's simplicity. If you're going to add in adjustable intakes, etc. why not just build a small UDS?

You, my friend, are CRASS!!!!!

sniff...

I love you, man!

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

what kind of jackass needs to experiement so many times with "different designs" to settle on a 3 1/2 inch hole. LOL You build the drum, place a ball cock on it.... settle on a temp. determine the area of the opening in millmeters, calculate the opening, match the hole. Or you could dril SEVERAL holes of different sizes on ONE drum, cover them up during different temps, determine the best hole and then throw away your prototype and build the rest with the correct hole.

I hope it really is not static.... you be needing more air at 30 degrees than at 80 or 90, yo!

I kinda liked the variable adjustment on the "D-Meat Barrel" They had a static inlet but the top, if you twisted it a bit, would crack open in different 1/4 increments, thereby allowing

Edict.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
what kind of jackass needs to experiement so many times with "different designs" to settle on a 3 1/2 inch hole. LOL You build the drum, place a ball cock on it.... settle on a temp. determine the area of the opening in millmeters, calculate the opening, match the hole. Or you could dril SEVERAL holes of different sizes on ONE drum, cover them up during different temps, determine the best hole and then throw away your prototype and build the rest with the correct hole.

I hope it really is not static.... you be needing more air at 30 degrees than at 80 or 90, yo!

I kinda liked the variable adjustment on the "D-Meat Barrel" They had a static inlet but the top, if you twisted it a bit, would crack open in different 1/4 increments, thereby allowing
It's not static, you can adj if you need or want to (which is part of the reason behind my adding the gauge).

You just about described Boston weather perfectly: it's 26degrees f today with barely any humidity but by July it will be 80-90 with very high humidity.

Here is the grommet mod (thx again bob) ill be using a meat temp probe when I cook some chicken tonight for my family.

Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

by the way... when I said "jackass" I was not talking about you...

Edict.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
You, my friend, have CLASS!!!!!

sniff...

I love you, man!
I fixed that for you...

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I fixed that for you...

You fixed what? Pitmaster's man love/hate for patoidaddio? That would be great b/c it's I think everyone's getting tired of it. D'oh! Did I just say that? Where are you little Richard! J/j, lol, :p

Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy j View Post
Ps, big poppas bottle opener works on the wsm 22 as well ;). (Also, I woulda considered a bps uds if he sold a finished product, or the kit included a drum.
Just curious- why is the bps kit so expensive? Bc it uses stianless parts or something? I mean, I've heard of uds's being build for under 20 or 30 bucks w/everything, and most seem to be under 50 or 75. I could understand if it had the charcoal basket like in the pbc or it were priced between 50 and 100, but he basket just looked a little flimsy...

Then again, everyone who's made one has seemed very happy with it, so I don't know.

Last edited by Trumpstylz; 02-03-2013 at 02:07 AM..
Trumpstylz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #23
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Instead of grommets, just cut a notch in the lip of the drum for the probe wire to rest in. That way you don't have to bother with sliding the proves in and out. Just stick it in the meat, place meat in cooker, wire in the notch, and put the lid on.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #24
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Oops too late. Grommet mod already done apparently.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #25
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Its almost too high tech for me
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #26
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
Instead of grommets, just cut a notch in the lip of the drum for the probe wire to rest in. That way you don't have to bother with sliding the proves in and out. Just stick it in the meat, place meat in cooker, wire in the notch, and put the lid on.
I've seen that mod, it's a great mod, think I'm gonna try that on my mini wsm

Tags
PBC