LazyMan Beef Stew !

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Many of yall are only part time amatuer Lazy - Smitty is Full Time Lazy.......

No browning meat, no cutting meat, no tater peeling, no carrot slicing........just can and bag opening and some boiling and simmering. I did add a flour slurry BUT it was done in my Ninja smoothie maker...........

Ingredients :

9x1RI2Gh.jpg

BycdNQPh.jpg

JdrjKWIh.jpg

"Cooking"

EdVyp0bh.jpg

SH2xnlOh.jpg

Plated with store bought White Bread cuz after all that Can and Bag Opening, Pot Stirring and Slurry Making - canned Biscuits was just too much work.......... :twitch:

weFhLPqh.jpg

hcvNEsvh.jpg

Don't taste Half Bad - Pretty Close to Decent - reminds me of the stew my Uncle Dinte Moore used to make when we visited..........

:bow: :bow:

:whoo: :whoo:

Last edited:
I had to go for Seconds.......... Man, I'm Stuffed .......fixin to be Nap time........

Last edited:
Ooooppps - I was Too Lazy it seems - I used meat grilled and packaged by someone else.......... :loco:

Folks, just a quick reminder that this, like every Throwdown, requires that your entry, or a significant part of your entry be grilled or smoked, per rule #4:

4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.

This throwdown may not be Lazy enuff for me............Grilling and Smoking meat is a lot like Work.......... :twitch:

Last edited:
Ooooppps - I was Too Lazy it seems - I used meat grilled and packaged by someone else.......... :loco:

Folks, just a quick reminder that this, like every Throwdown, requires that your entry, or a significant part of your entry be grilled or smoked, per rule #4:

4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.

This throwdown may not be Lazy enuff for me............Grilling and Smoking meat is a lot like Work.......... :twitch:

You can always submit another entry that meets rule #4...just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You can always submit another entry that meets rule #4...just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Just FYI for anybody who sees this post and may have a similar idea for an entry - so they don’t have same mistake……….

:pop2: Laughing at all of this banter is tiring me out, gonna need a break, and maybe a beer.

Looks like a great meal on a cold day!

For some reason the thanks button isn’t working on the original post!?!?
So I thanked your second post.

Hunt’s used to sell a canned beef stew where the beef and gravy was in one can and the vegetables in another, like La Choy stuff. My bride sold it at that time so we had cases and it was tasty stuff. Sadly, like so many good products, it was discontinued.

Why is it called Dinty Moore?

Dinty Moore – That familiar name on canned beef stew was taken from a character in George McManus's 1913 cartoon strip Bringing Up Father, inspired by a real restaurateur, James Moore, who ran a bustling Irish tavern and restaurant in midtown Manhattan.

https://checkplease.wttw.com/posts/behind-brand-names-2

Back