DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
To celebrate my new patio cabinets we invited some friends over so I thawed out a 2 1/2" ribeye steak I had in the freezer.

I unwrapped it and seasoned with Primo Chicago Stockyard steak seasoning.

I wrapped it up and let it take a 6 hour get happy rest. I now prepped some heirloom carrots

and sliced them up so they were ready to steam right before we eat.

Also washed and prepped some small potatoes so they were ready. Around 45 minutes before our guests arrived I started up the kettle. I tried my new Vortex out for this cook.

Around 30 minutes before our guests arrived I put on the potatoes and the steak.

It rode right about 330 degrees for the next hour.

My friend had brought a Belgian Ale with him so we drank a glass of that while the meat and potatoes were cooking. Here it is once the meat alarm went off at 113 degree I.T.

I remove everything and tented the steak with foil. We then cooked up some shrimp marinated in lemon juice and garlic that our friends had brought.

I then opened open the vents and let the Vortex go nuclear.

Once I thought it was like the sun, I put the steak on for 60 seconds.

Flipped it and let it cook another 60 seconds.

I brought this in the house and let it rest for 10 minutes. I then cut the rib bone off

and sliced it up into approximately 1/2" slices.

I now placed the slices onto a wooden cutting board for serving and squeezed some blue cheese and herb compound butter on the top.

I took this out to the table and we all served up a plate with the lemon garlic shrimp, baked potato and the heirloom carrots.

So good!

Thanks for looking.

blue cheese butter, best steak sauce ever! Great looking plate. All these steaks are really making me hungry.

The red kettle eh?? Looks amazing Jeff!

blue cheese butter, best steak sauce ever! Great looking plate. All these steaks are really making me hungry.
Thank you Josh. In case you or anyone else would like the recipe for the Blue-cheese & Herb Compound Butter here is a link to it: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245655&highlight=Blue+cheese+herb
The red kettle eh?? Looks amazing Jeff!
Thank you Sako. Apparently the Redheads had a play date without telling us. :laugh:
Great job!
Thank you Kanco.

Back