• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A little Oakridge Jah Love shrimp action(with PrOn)

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had a bit of time to make me some shrimp for a quick meat only lunch today. I thought it was a great time to see if Mike's new rub was great off the grill like I had hoped.

So, it's peeled, deviened shrimp with Jah Love jerk rub. A little safflower oil in the pan and in go the shrimp. Right after that some butter goes in. When they are done I take the shrimp from the pan and onto a plate. A splash of white wine goes into the pan with another sprinkle of rub. When that's reduced down to where it coats the back of a spoon it's then poured over the shrimp. A sprinkle of green onions later and it's time to eat.

This was REALLY good. If I wasn't going meat only I'd say that tacos using this method would be crazy good.

Hope you enjoy....I know I did. Another Oakridge win in my book.

Brilliant! Shrimp skewers are a favorite lite meal for us, can't wait to try the Jah Love on a batch.

Your shrimp looks great! I like the sound of the Oakridge ingredients. Thanks for posting!

Great work! Looks super.

I ran some chicken breasts with it last night and they were awesome. VERY spicy, as I like, and the flavor balance was sensational!

Great work! Looks super.

I ran some chicken breasts with it last night and they were awesome. VERY spicy, as I like, and the flavor balance was sensational!

It really is balanced. I couldn't be happier with this rub. I love LOVE walkerswood paste, but in my opinion it's terrible when used anywhere but the grill. Other rubs taste more Cajun than like jerk(even from Caribbean restaurants). It's nailed exactly what I wanted in a jerk rub. Great outside as well as inside.

Back