DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So ever since I got my tortilla press I’ve been on a taco spree. Sprout’s had Colossal EZ Peel Shrimp on special so I did a Caribbean spin on a taco, Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa and Fried Plantains.

First I made up the salsa. Here are the ingredients:

Chopped

Add the zest of 1 lime

Then add the juice and stir. Put this in the fridge to rest and get happy.

Now I prep the shrimp.

These were the EZ Peel Shrimp so they were very easy to peel and were already deveined. (Since I was grilling them I discarded the shells)

Peeled and rinsed and into a bowl.

Pour 1/2 cup of marinate over them and stir. Put this in the fridge to rest and get happy.

Now I prep the plantain.

Sliced up and seasoned with Tajin.

After everything was ready I made up some fresh tortillas and then skewered the shrimp.

Since this was such a small cook I decided to use my Weber Jumbo Joe. I put a 3/4 chimney of lump of the gas burner to speed things along.

Got it really blazing hot

And pour into the Weber charcoal trays and put on the grill grate.

Placed on the shrimp skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side.

Turned

And they’re ready.

Here they are plated with some Jerk sauce, the plantains, mint garnish and a Sierra Nevada Ruthless IPA

Here’s the Money Shot below.

Squeezed the lime on them and proceed to eat some of the best tacos I’ve ever had. Off the charts good! :becky:

yep-id-hit-that.jpg

Nice job man tacos look great. :thumb:

WoW like I don't already have enough things on my must make that list.
Well there all moving down a notch.. I just have to make these

Thanx

That looks fabulous, husker! I don't think I've ever tried jerk on seafood, but I'm going to have to now!

Excellent!

I would hit those tacos sooooo freaking hard.

And the fried plantains look pretty good too! Had them every morning in Bogota a long time ago.

Back