• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

USDA Prime Brisket Cook Today

RedKamado

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I pulled a Costco brisket out of the freezer last night. Trimmed it up and left it in the fridge on an elevated rack overnight. I put it on the Shirley at 9am this morning. I am running a mix of Oak, Hickory, and Cherry. Just for fun I am posting cook stats on the hour at my blog. Some pics too. Follow along with me if you like :icon_smile_tongue:

Attachments

• On Pit.jpg
    On Pit.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 260
Just checked the blog, looks like you're on the right track! The pictures are making me hungry.

Interested to hear about the boat. I’ve been watching the Chud BBQ videos and definitely intrigued.

Interested to hear about the boat. I’ve been watching the Chud BBQ videos and definitely intrigued.
This is my second go around with the boat. Seems to produce good results. Protect the sides from getting too crispy while trapping the juices in the boat all the while maintaining good bark on top. :grin:

The boat is a half aluminum foil wrap. Heavy duty foil under the brisket. Fold or wrap the foil up around the sides of the brisket. The top of the brisket is left open.
This protects the sides from getting too crispy while trapping the juices in "the boat" all the while maintaining good bark on top.

Attachments

• 1400 boat.jpg
    1400 boat.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 175
Foil boat thing got me searching. Sounds like something I need to try. Fat cap up is interesting. Wonder if I will bolliterate a brisket by cooking it that way in my Lang.

I'm usually a butcher paper wrapper but last weekend I used the boat method - was much quicker and results were as good as any brisket I've had.

Please keep us posted on the results! Looks great. I didn't know you could rest a brisket in the oven that long. How did you wrap or cover the meat in the oven?

Finished product! I am satisfied.

Attachments

• Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 53
  • cut1.jpg
    cut1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 53
  • hand3.jpg