• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib Tips, Posole, and (Texas) Twinkies... Oh, My! - w/Pron

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It's been a good weekend... and it's not over yet.

Broke out some rib tips yesterday, and accidentally also thawed a small piece of pork shoulder/roast... so I cooked that, too.

CINCHOUSE made some okra fritters (instead of the standard fried okra) that were excellent!

mD5c37Uh.jpg

Collard greens from the Instant Pot sure hit the spot, too.

B3hXDDQh.jpg

I hit the Hispanic grocery yesterday morning and we all enjoyed a bowl of menudo for breakfast - The munchkin had 2, and asked for more! Decided to smoke that pork shoulder "roast" and use it in a batch of posole.

vVPtExph.jpg

It smells really good in here.

MWXK6xvh.jpg

Had never made a batch of Texas Twinkies before... so I added some chopped brisket to some cream cheese and some spices. Stuffed some ginormous jalapeños... bacon wrap... Sweet Rub of Mine... Vortex. Hickory chunk.

URrQ81Bh.jpg

sVVUFc7h.jpg

SOiGRQmh.jpg

Back to the posole making' gig before I start whipping up a batch of Larb Moo for dinner!

Have no fear... I'm well-supervised today. One does NOT mess with Purple Batman.

ZMtWfX3l.jpg

Never heard them called Texas twinkies before. Looks like batman is eating good today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Everything looks amazing Marc and those fritter are outstanding, never saw a cuter Batman either.

Nice to see that you are being well looked after. I saw that recipe for Texas Twinkies a couple of days ago and if I wanted to try them then, my urge just increased seeing yours lined up so nicely. Very nice!!
And tell Purple Witch that she is going to get loads of candy with that cuteness going for her.

I saw that recipe for Texas Twinkies a couple of days ago and if I wanted to try them then, my urge just increased seeing yours lined up so nicely.... And tell Purple Witch that she is going to get loads of candy with that cuteness going for her.

I'd never heard of Texas Twinkies before... uhm... I think it was Adams who posted on the subject. Family asked about them on FB, so I decided to give it a go. Pretty tasty. Sure made a good lunch.

Yes... we're going to have to seriously limit the house count when it comes time for Trick or Treat operations. :roll:

mmm stuffed jalapeno peppers sounds amazing right about now. You gave me a great idea for some finger foods at this years halloween party!

Awesome spread of food, Marc! I always look forward to reading your posts and the diversity of food you prepare. :thumb:

There's just something about a plate of larb moo with some good rice and sliced cucumbers for some cool to counter the heat... The mint & cilantro really brighten the fish sauce & lime juice.

TidIp0mh.jpg

O2maAbGh.jpg

I always look forward to reading your posts and the diversity of food you prepare. :thumb:

Thanks, Moose.

I pride myself on the breadth of my daughter's palette and her willingness to try just about anything.

My kid downed 2 bowls of menudo on Saturday morning. She ploughed through her larb moo and rice.

I love it. We'll have no "picky eaters" in this house.

Back