MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #31
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Tell her you have spec'd out a new Gateway or Hunsaker drum and with accessories and shipping you can close the deal for $1500. Or, remind her a new paint job and cover for your UDS might be $250.

KCBS - CBJ & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #32
Hoss
Babbling Farker

Hard decision.Keep wife/ keep cooker.Good luck.Move back where you moved from ,with cooker.There are options.When someone tells me "blank,blank,blank,or ELSE" I am gonna pick Or Else every time.That is just me.
Hoss is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #33
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by West River BBQ View Post
I always get a laugh out of marital advice.
Yep.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-16-2019, 10:27 PM   #34
food4thot
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
Dangerously, you live!
Is that you, Yoda?

--Luke

Old 07-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #35
Dr. Trout Bum
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Yep.

LOL...no worries. Most of these guys talk tough on a forum, but their wives aren't here. The others are single.

For the record, I won't dump the UDS. I'll shove it to the background for a while, perhaps, as this is an opportunity to get a pellet grill, which I've been wanting to do.

My big issue isn't that my wife thinks the UDS is ugly, but that I am skeptical of the high temp performance of a most pellet grills under $500. I really want good searing capability for my SV ribeyes.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #36
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Trout Bum View Post
LOL...no worries. Most of these guys talk tough on a forum, but their wives aren't here. The others are single.

For the record, I won't dump the UDS. I'll shove it to the background for a while, perhaps, as this is an opportunity to get a pellet grill, which I've been wanting to do.

My big issue isn't that my wife thinks the UDS is ugly, but that I am skeptical of the high temp performance of a most pellet grills under $500. I really want good searing capability for my SV ribeyes.
I might get flamed for this but just cook over the fire pot with grill grates lol. Or just smoke on the pellet and sear over a charcoal chimney. Some even sear on a hot cast iron pan inside and get it preheated while the steak finishes coming up to temp. Searing/ food torches are also useful in this situation. So many options for searing

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #37
Tbro
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Tom

I think your wife is right. The next time you’re in Minnesota you can drop it off a my place.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:52 AM   #38
Mike in Roseville
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Buy a Gateway or a Stainless Hunsaker. Tell her you were just doing what you were told.
Mike in Roseville is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #39
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

Get a new drum and buy a UDS kit from Big Poppa Smokers
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2019, 10:31 AM   #40
NickTheGreat
is One Chatty Farker

Find a real nice, real expensive cooker and say that's what you need to replace it with.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #41
Smokey Lonesome
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Find a real nice, real expensive cooker and say that's what you need to replace it with.

Like a stainless steel Shirley. That’s the ticket.

The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. - John D. Rockefeller
Smokey Lonesome is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #42
SmokinJohn
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Trout Bum View Post

*My* wife said I couldn't have any more rigs until I got rid of one of the ones I have. Then somebody got me a 28" Blackstone for Father's Day. Hmmmm..... Ugly my rigs may be, but they keep her fed. LOL

Old 07-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #43
WeberWho
Full Fledged Farker

We can't have an extra grill/smoker but we can have closets and rafters full of Christmas decorations that get used one month a year. Makes perfect sense.
WeberWho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #44
LifeLongWNYer
On the road to being a farker

SO, your wife is concerned because your UDS is getting older and doesn't look as good as it once did? Well, isn't SHE getting older, and does SHE look as good as she once did?

Tell her that it you get a newer and better looking UDS, you will also be getting a newer and better looking wife. That should end the discussion. ( one way, or another! )

JBP

Old 07-19-2019, 12:24 AM   #45
Bigdawg580
On the road to being a farker

Time for a Divorce
Bigdawg580 is offline   Reply With Quote