MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #106
Mikeinctown
Full Fledged Farker

Looking forward to all the updates.

One thing I've learned over the years as a facility manager... Keep your HVAC stuff clean and well maintained and it will save you money and lots of aggravation. Also, don't buy used unless the equipment is almost new. New refrigerant comes out and the old stuff just gets more expensive. Not fun paying hundreds for refrigerant when the newer stuff is like $10 a pound or less.
Mikeinctown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #107
effinUker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim, Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Farm BBQ View Post
Best of luck!!!!! As far as the bathrooms goes. Keep them clean as said before and they will be fine. Take pride in every area of your restaurant including the bathrooms. Clean restaurants do better most the time assuming good food/service.
My son is a Sous Chef at Epcott in Florida. He says the first thing he does when he goes into any restaurant is check the bathrooms. If they're dirty dirty, they won't eat there.
effinUker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #108
ffemtreed
Got Wood.

I live and work in Wilmington, Can't wait to try it.

Good Luck.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:54 AM   #109
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Smoker View Post
That was the plan ;)

And at Louie Mueller BBQ they wrap brisket in high temp cling wrap to help prevent it from drying out between customers. Even when there's a line. They will slice off what you and maybe the person behind you order, re-wrap it in cling wrap and toss it in a warmer till the next order. Seems to me like a waste to do each time for every customer if you have a line, but a great idea if you don't.

If I was new on the block and no line, I'd be doing this or at least testing it.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #110
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Good luck with the restaurant. I too started a restaurant back in 2012. We started with a blank space and built it out. The owner had the space in the building they owned. It took us about 4 months from deciding to go forward to opening our doors. We did keep things simple and did buy used equipment. Most of the equipment was in really good shape and lasted for us. We lasted 5 years. Our problem was mostly location. If you need ideas for specials or just another set of eye to look at a problem just ask.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote