MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #76
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
Oh man you nailed that cook. A local restaurant in Tucson occasionally does a slow cooked pork belly that they do a hoisin glaze, then cube and saute with baby brussel sprouts.
Thanks!

I cubed some up last night and fried up with potatoes and onions... it was WOW

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #77
Phubar

Told you so!
Looks perPhect!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #78
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
Told you so!
Looks perPhect!
Thanks Phubar, I did have two wild cards in there though which was the way I spun one that size and cooking over a real fire with all the grease. Thankfully both worked out...the belly stayed nice and flat on the spin and the grease only dripped on the fire vs pouring down on it. When I stopped the rotation you should have seen the fat pour down it was like turning on a faucet. lol

Old 05-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #79
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Thanks Phubar, I did have two wild cards in there though which was the way I spun one that size and cooking over a real fire with all the grease. Thankfully both worked out...the belly stayed nice and flat on the spin and the grease only dripped on the fire vs pouring down on it. When I stopped the rotation you should have seen the fat pour down it was like turning on a faucet. lol
I was going to put some potatoes in a pan under the belly so some of the fat could baste them.
Then I forgot,sounded like a plan

Old 05-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #80
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

Great looking belly Keith!

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #81
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

pics of the cooker and rotisserie?
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #82
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke&Smoke View Post
pics of the cooker and rotisserie?
The cooker used was just my bird barrel which is a 55 gallon drum with a basket for wood splits in the bottom and the rotisserie is just a standard spit and motor w/bracket bolted on the drum. I used a new system I invented with it though but can't post it quite yet...soon though

Tags
live fire, Pork Belly, rotisserie, whole pork belly