• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2019 Fall Texas Bash Planning

mod.gif
22 Days
till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!
mod.gif

Anyone sticking around after the bash and pigging out? Me & Bubba will probably be around for a couple days afterwards. Trying to plan the trip out. Bubba never really been to Texas, so we might drive down to San Antonio for a day. Alamo and a couple que joints. Probably some Margaritas.

mod.gif
18 Days
mod.gif

Are you ready?
Cooler cleaned out
Camp chairs located
Shopping list made
Map out the Drive
Figure out which family members to invite
Invite your friends
Select which in laws to invite
Dust off your cooker
Make the beverage list (Adult and other!)
Get the BBQ shirts and shorts ready to go
Figure out how to post pics on the forum (Asking for a friend)
Decide what time to roll in, Hot or Not!! (No Judgement, Smitty!!) :becky:

That's all I got right now.
I'm sure I'll have more later. :mrgreen:

Anyone sticking around after the bash and pigging out? Me & Bubba will probably be around for a couple days afterwards. Trying to plan the trip out. Bubba never really been to Texas, so we might drive down to San Antonio for a day. Alamo and a couple que joints. Probably some Margaritas.

Please splain to me how no one ever been to Texas can be called Bubba!? Unless he's been to Luzzianna that is. :becky:

Schoepf's BBQ on Central Avenue in Belton offers pit smoked brisket, steak, pork chops, chicken, sausage etc. with a choice of sides. It's rustic with wooden picnic tables. You choose your meat from the pit and your sides from the counter inside.

Luigi's Italian Restaurant in Belton is not too far from the pavilion at the lake where the bash will take place. It is across from the high school on Loop 121 where it meets Lake Road. Lake Road is the one that the dam road intersects at the pavilion at Lake Belton. Because they are so near the school, they have no alcohol license but the food is good.

BJ's Restaurant in Temple at the intersection of IH35 and the HK Dodgen Loop - in the shopping center - is a sort of modern grill and drinks house. It's a bit noisy - by design I think - but is fun occasionally. They keep a fairly well stocked bar.

There is a semi-upscale steak house in downtown Temple called Cheeves Brothers. I say semi because the prices are high and the service is generally good but I think the steaks are average. They do have a decent dessert cart, IIRC. It is located at the corner of Second St. and East Ave. A. Reservations might be needed on a Friday night.

There is a Longhorn's Steak House (chain outlet) on the northbound frontage road between Midway Drive and the aforementioned HK Dodgen Loop.

There is a sushi restaurant downtown called Nami. They have another place in Belton. The one downtown is on Second Street at East Ave. A across Second Street from Cheeves Brothers (I think).

There is an Italian restaurant downtown called Pignetti's. It is on Second Street in the block above East Ave. A. I find it noisy and the food from average to good. They have a good wine selection.

There is a restaurant in downtown Temple called Benny's Ristorante. It was formerly an Italian restaurant called Dibz in a different location. I've heard that the menu has changed and expanded but I have not been there and cannot attest to its quality. It is located on S. Main St. near East Ave. A.

There is a Thai restaurant on West Adams Avenue called Mi Mi's. Good service and pretty good Thai food. Mi Mi is a native of Thailand and serves authentic food from fresh ingredients she chooses each day. They have a good assortment of Asian beers.

I hope this helps. I believe you can find web sites for all these places but I'm not sure of that.

Those are the ones I can remember off hand. Maybe Paul will chime in with his favs.

WOW! Thanks! Will have to check into these. Stayed at the Residence Inn last year off of I-35, but they're booked up this year. Will stay at one of the other Marriott properties so I can get my points.

I would pick Miller's in Belton over Schoep's for bbq.

Luigi's in belton is good. So is Italiano's on 31st in Temple. Italian

Sol De Jalisco in Belton on Main Street is my favorite for Mexican.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If anyone is sticking around for a couple of day after the Bash, you're welcome to make the about 2 hours drive to Kingsbury for church at 10:30 Sunday morning, then we can go to Luling for BBQ after :)

If anyone does plan to join us for church, give me a heads-up so I can remove your name from the sermon. ;)

mod.gif
10 Days
mod.gif

Wow this is really coming up fast!
Remember to invite your family and friend to join us!

Get ready for a great time at the Bash!! :mrgreen:

For those counting along...
9 days!

8 days
I really need to start getting my stuff together.

Back