• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Its Official! I'm a proud member of the Shriley family!

It restores my faith in humanity to see a family owned and operated business that genuinely takes pride in what they do. Not only do they build a beautiful functional product, but they go above and beyond to accommodate their customers throughout the entire process and open their home to their customers. This just doesn't happen anymore. A real class act from beginning to end and I applaud the Shirley family for what they do.

Thx.... I am still kinda old school.... I wish we could all still do everything on a handshake... I enjoy meeting my customers.. And like it to be personal.... I have had excellent experiences with my customers... I tell people the guy you see in the videos.. That. Is me... Nothing fancy... What you see is what you get...... The bbq community has a great bunch of folks .... And this site is second to none..... Just really good people... Man if this world could mimic the folks here.... We would be heading in the right direction

I think the backlog of orders shows that you are doing business the right way. There hasn't been anybody that has bought a cooker from you that has had anything bad to say about them.

I'm slowly but shirley (see what I did there?) saving money and hopefully sometime next year I can make the call to do business with you!

Grats on a great looking smoker. With all of the moving you did with the smoker getting it home and in place did you have any difficulties with the caster style wheels? Had you considered the wagon wheel option? I'm building up the spec list for mine and trying to finalize my option list, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on it.

Grats on a great looking smoker. With all of the moving you did with the smoker getting it home and in place did you have any difficulties with the caster style wheels? Had you considered the wagon wheel option? I'm building up the spec list for mine and trying to finalize my option list, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on it.

It was not an issue. Here's why. The smoker is totally balanced on those big tires. You can pick it up with one hand from the small end. Moving it is simple as pie, until you are on grass. Kinda sucks on grass but I think it would no matter what. It's heavy. I really like the handle better for space saving. I can not compare it against the wagon wheel as I haven't used it, but I can say this works fine.

Question for you fellow Shirley owners.. Any of you guys paint your fire pokers? I'm thinking it will keep the rust at bay..

+100 on the great pics and story.

When I see the unloading pics I can only think: Mine will have to be a trailer model or I'll find myself under it when unloading.

The problem with surfing the brethren site before going to bed...is looking at all the great pron and getting hungry!!

Beautiful pit! Love that quality!

JoeMap

Much like the new unit, this entire post surely is a thing of beauty. And BEST helper ever. Congrats on buying what looks to be a legacy smoker that'll be handed down to your son and one day maybe his own children. A piece of art, technically crafted like that is not just a tool to cook with. Not only does it give you a chance to cook something tasty, but its a focal point for your family and friends to gather round and socialize and make memories.

Totally awesome! Man they make a nice smoker.!! The food looks great and a nice pic of very dry wood. Good for you.

Shag,

What upgrades did you have done? Is this the 2 shelf warmer or the raised one? Anything you would do differently if you were to buy another one?

I'm looking to order this model. Just want to make sure I get it done right.

This is my build:

Patio 24″x50″ Cabinet
Insulated Firebox w/ 3/4" plate door
Cabinet Doors
Warmer (28” tall) (2 shelf / patio model)
Rotated Warmer (facing the same way as chamber door/doors)
Both Dampers (Firebox to Warmer, Chamber to Warmer)
Stainless steel Shelf in front of cook chamber
Wood basket on back side of cook chamber
Extra Thermometers (per thermometer) - 3 thermometers total
Probe inserts - 3 total (1 per each cabinet door)

Thanks

Not sure how I missed this.
That's one pretty looking smoker, great enthusiastic helper as well.
bet the Dogs hoped he would make a mess while shredding.
Congrats mate:clap2:

Shag,

What upgrades did you have done? Is this the 2 shelf warmer or the raised one? Anything you would do differently if you were to buy another one?

I'm looking to order this model. Just want to make sure I get it done right.

This is my build:

Patio 24″x50″ Cabinet
Insulated Firebox w/ 3/4" plate door
Cabinet Doors
Warmer (28” tall) (2 shelf / patio model)
Rotated Warmer (facing the same way as chamber door/doors)
Both Dampers (Firebox to Warmer, Chamber to Warmer)
Stainless steel Shelf in front of cook chamber
Wood basket on back side of cook chamber
Extra Thermometers (per thermometer) - 3 thermometers total
Probe inserts - 3 total (1 per each cabinet door)

Thanks

The only thing I regret is not getting the stainless shelf, which you're getting.

I have the 3 shelf warmer, I would get that.. The upgrade price is nominal. I also have the sausage hangers, which I use a lot.

Get the dampers if you're not. They are very useful.

The only thing I regret is not getting the stainless shelf, which you're getting.

I have the 3 shelf warmer, I would get that.. The upgrade price is nominal. I also have the sausage hangers, which I use a lot.

Get the dampers if you're not. They are very useful.

Thanks for the info!

Would it be possible for you to shoot a measurement of width at your tires? I need to see if I can reconstruct my gate to get it in my backyard with the tables removed.

Thanks!!!

Sure, I'll measure them tonight. Off hand I would guess they are about 40" to the outside edge... Just a guess though

Back