breaking out the rusty drum for beef ribs

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
my uds has been stored up my folks place since last july. it's my best cooker for bbq. we are up for mothers day so I fired it up and threw on some beef ribs.

5qUZuROl.jpg

I rubbed with a combination of black ops and Q-salt

g6NgpXbl.jpg

I wrapped with a mix of beef broth and bbq sauce. I've read a lot about boating lately and realized I have been doing it of sorts for a few years. after the wrap I flip and return to the cooker without the top foil for the finish of the cook. I may start boating earlier, cover for a time and then unwrap to finish. even after all these years I still explore new techniques

mL4aaJIl.jpg

no plated pics but we had beans and pasta salad too.

thanks for looking

Overall, by drums are my favorite cooker for barbecue too. Also for cold smoking because the large volume is perfect.

Now you did it. Where in the heck do you buy your beef ribs from????.I wouldn't pay $0.50 a pound for those shiners at wallyworld.

Now you did it. Where in the heck do you buy your beef ribs from????.I wouldn't pay $0.50 a pound for those shiners at wallyworld.

I got them from BJ's. they are not displayed whole but if you see beef short ribs on display, either flanken or english cut, most places will sell you a whole untrimmed cryovac with 2 slabs

I've also got them from other the warehouse clubs and some local butchers. restaurant depot is a good place to get them.

you are looking for short ribs not beef back. these were from the chuck, you can also get them from the plate

They look spot on
Love them ribs

Back