THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drcustombasses

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Good day fellow smokers... I have plans to build a vertical Vault/ Cabinet style smoker, with a Insulated firebox... What will be a good inside wall thickness for the firebox? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Insulated cabinet smoker or vertical offset stickburner.? I prefer direct firebox vertical stickburners like Old Country Smokehouse myself.

Insulated cabinet - 11 guage or 1/8" inner Wall with 14 guage skins, framed with 1/8" wall Sq. tubing.

Vertical stickburner - 3/16" or 1/4".

Insulated cabinet smoker or vertical offset stickburner.? I prefer direct firebox vertical stickburners like Old Country Smokehouse myself.

Insulated cabinet - 11 guage or 1/8" inner Wall with 14 guage skins, framed with 1/8" wall Sq. tubing.

Vertical stickburner - 3/16" or 1/4".
Thanks for the info...so I should be good with 1/8" inside wall thickness?.. I will also have 2" thick insulation..

Coincidentally, I've got a similar thread on Lone Star Grillz Insulated Vertical Cabinet vs Vertical Offset.

They've caught my eye as a class of cookers because of their scientific simplicity : hot air rises and shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Vertical is almost for sure my next cooker design after twenty years of horizontal rigs

Back