I've already seen on YouTube Smokey Ribs and Ballistic BBQ using the Jr. They're reviews seem to be works just like the original but is more portable

Yep. We talked about that when the announcement came out. Do you have one? We are hoping someone will get one and post a review!

Nope I didn’t get one. I just got my pbc recently so I don’t really have a need for the mini. The main pbc is not exactly big so I’m not sure of the need at the point. I wouldn’t be interested in bringing a pbc jr tk the beach as I would much rather just bring one of my small Weber.

I can see that the jr would be a good option for someone just cooking for 2 or for a small patio/balcony - but again it’s not like the main pbc is mahoosive.

By the way.... I was thinking. When I joined this thread and got my PBC it was about a year and a half ago and the thread was only ~250 pages or so. I read ALL of them when I was thinking of buying and right after I ordered...

It would be really hard for someone to get through all 500 pages now. Andrew, Sako, Bob, Thingfish and I should put together a single document...like the Bandera 101. Most common issues, mods, fixes, how to half basket cook, raise the charcoal basket, lump vs kbb vs RO. You get the idea. Everyone could contribute.

Then someone doesn't have to read all 500 pages. We could just post the info somewhere.

Thoughts?

Just getting caught up and I saw this post, Sportster. Neat idea. I'm almost done reading the entire thread, and I know what the first topic/question to be addressed is:

*"Hey Sako, where'd you get those cool flat skewers?"

Man, how many times has he had to answer that question?! And every single time he does it like a gentleman...

Lol, thanks Kanco! Good catch. That's just on the PBC thread alone. I had the same question asked in QTalk even more. :becky:

I don't mind it at all because after all 500 pages is a lot to go though and find the answer. :thumb:

This thread has to be the longest running mega thread on the brethren and consecutively running on page 1 for over 2 1/2 years.

Need some advice:

Was planning on smoking a chuckie on the PBC tomorrow for Meat Sunday, but my wife brought back a cross-rib roast. :doh:

Everything I've searched for here looks like it should be cooked to 125-130 rather than taking to probe-tender like a chuck or brisket.

Anybody have any tips for hanging a cross-rib roast?

TIA!

Sounds like it should be cooked like a prime rib which is why your coming up with the 125-130° temp. Sako has hung a couple prime ribs you may be able to find his threads with a search here.
Or maybe send him a PM.

Sounds like it should be cooked like a prime rib which is why your coming up with the 125-130° temp.

Yep, although circumstances may be intervening where this cook has to wait a week :mad: Too many disruptions lately....

Nice to see the Crimson and Cream making an appearance on the thread today! Go Sooners!

As a KSU grad, I'll (begrudgingly) agree. Good luck in the playoffs!

I hope that means what I think it means!

:thumb:

:heh:

ROx9tICl.jpg

I couldn't resist so I pulled the trigger. PBC is awesome and the apple (PBJ) doesn't fall far from the tree. Looks like an awesome little cooker.

LOL and looking forward to your review! You just got the Hunsaker and now the PBJ is coming... whenever anybody comments on the number of cookers on my porch, I refer to this site and say, “I’m still trying to catch up to guys like Sako so I guess I need a bigger backyard...”

LOL and looking forward to your review! You just got the Hunsaker and now the PBJ is coming... whenever anybody comments on the number of cookers on my porch, I refer to this site and say, “I’m still trying to catch up to guys like Sako so I guess I need a bigger backyard...”

Lol, I literally had to extend my backyard by pouring in concrete extension to store all my cookers since the patio was getting too full. With that said, I'm constantly selling off cookers and opening up room for the new ones that come in. :loco:

I plan for the PBJ to be my weekday/night cooker. Quick, easy and convenient. It's been a hell of a week here with almost having to evacuate on Tuesday but the Creekstone Farms and PBJ deliveries today make up for the mess. :clap2:

First cook will be grass fed tri tip rec'd today on the PBJ this Saturday hopefully. Safety first because we're not out of the woods with the fires yet.

Lol, I literally had to extend my backyard by pouring in concrete extension to store all my cookers since the patio was getting too full. With that said, I'm constantly selling off cookers and opening up room for the new ones that come in. :loco:

I plan for the PBJ to be my weekday/night cooker. Quick, easy and convenient. It's been a hell of a week here with almost having to evacuate on Tuesday but the Creekstone Farms and PBJ deliveries today make up for the mess. :clap2:

First cook will be grass fed tri tip rec'd today on the PBJ this Saturday hopefully. Safety first because we're not out of the woods with the fires yet.

1. Woohooo! Can’t wait to see what you do with that little thing!
2. Glad you’re OK at this point—stay safe.
3. PBCAT was far from page one for a few days. Scary stuff.

Back