MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
maxwell7
Full Fledged Farker

Default Cutting boards

I've been following the cutting board threads as I need a good end grain board. I discovered on the Springfield , Il. craigs list two vintage butcher blocks for $75 listed http://beckysbarn.com--these are on 4 legs as you would find in a meat market butcher shop. If anyone is interested?

Last edited by maxwell7; 12-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: the link doesn't work--maybe post it in address bar will get it.
maxwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I could not find the butcher blocks on that site. I did a search on CL and didn't see any there. Can you copy and paste the address from the CL page?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
maxwell7
Full Fledged Farker

BTW I originally entered cutting boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
I could not find the butcher blocks on that site. I did a search on CL and didn't see any there. Can you copy and paste the address from the CL page?
http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/Is this what you need ? Nope doesn't work. However , when I clicked on return to craigslist , the list came up. Type in Butcher blocks , I think it will come up ? let me know , or tell me what to do that I'm not ! Hope it works.

Last edited by maxwell7; 12-07-2011 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: BTW I originally entered " Cutting Boards "

Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
maxwell7
Full Fledged Farker

Default Pyle's BBQ

I give up. Sorry I even posted this butcher block. When I do the same thing now , it won't post. I absolutely do not understand. I've gone to it at least 3 diff. times , and it came up , but not now! Beats me.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
maxwell7
Full Fledged Farker

Default This is what I see on the page.

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
2 vintage wood butcher blocks ! - $75 (Becky's Barn South of Chatham, Illinois)

Date: 2011-10-29, 9:16AM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

<DIV id=userbody>We have for sale for $75 each 2 vintage wood butcher blocks. If you are interested give us a call at 217-438-4703 or for store hours and directions to the Barn go to http://beckysbarn.com We accept all major credit or debit cards and cash. Delivery is available for a small fee and pickers are welcome.

Thanks,

Becky and Rick on Route 66 !
http://route66illinois.com

<UL class=blurbs>

Old 12-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I think one of the problems is that it is over a month old.

I did finally find the add. That would be a great price for those. I see the originals go from $350-$900. Those don't look original. They have side skirting around them. the old ones don't have the skirting. On an old butcher block you would be able to see the wood from the top go all the way down the sides and then the legs would be attached. These look like the top is thinner and they are hiding that fact by putting skirting. Look on the under side to see how thick the top is. If it is about 18" or more thick, then that is an older block. For $75 dollars they would make a great chopping block.

Link to your CL http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/fud/2626413016.html

Links to examples of older models.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/atq/2718965121.html

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/atq/2725184640.html

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/atq/2723053346.html

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ

Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Those are amazing! Love the older ones. Last you forever!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
captndan

Unfortunately wood cutting boards are banned from use by the health codes. Good thing is they usually don't look at us except maybe the comps. So, NEVER invite a health inspector or anyone related to that department to supper.
captndan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by captndan View Post
Unfortunately wood cutting boards are banned from use by the health codes. Good thing is they usually don't look at us except maybe the comps. So, NEVER invite a health inspector or anyone related to that department to supper.
I will have to check that out here in Mo or maybe someone here will know. I have not been in a commercial kitchen in years but you are probably right.
Dave

Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I found this on IA Health Dept. site.

http://www.idph.state.ia.us/eh/food_...?myth=surfaces

I could not find a statue that specifically outlaws the use of hardwood cutting boards in Iowa.

Μολν λαβέ

Old 12-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
I found this on IA Health Dept. site.

http://www.idph.state.ia.us/eh/food_...?myth=surfaces

I could not find a statue that specifically outlaws the use of hardwood cutting boards in Iowa.
Well even if I could fit my wood board in the dishwasher it ant going to happen.

I liked myth #3 about a veterinarian diet being safer, only because for the last two or three years it seems we are seeing more fruit and vegetable recalls than we ever had with meats.
Dave

Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
Well even if I could fit my wood board in the dishwasher it ant going to happen.

I liked myth #3 about a veterinarian diet being safer, only because for the last two or three years it seems we are seeing more fruit and vegetable recalls than we ever had with meats.
Dave
You're cracking me up, Dave! So, how do those vets taste, anyway???
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
You're cracking me up, Dave! So, how do those vets taste, anyway???
Well I am a vet and except being a little on the spicy side my wife ant complaining. Veterinarians got to don't cha know.
Dave

Thanks from:--->