MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #76
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

The UDS fits and there is plenty of room left over.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #77
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

and a small diesel...definitely a great vehicle
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:18 AM   #78
Dr_KY

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N View Post
Oh and your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

lol I Just put this sticker inside the drivers window as a reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakfishingfool View Post
and a small diesel...definitely a great vehicle
It's an Izusu engine too. I thought it would a be a Chevy four banger being Vauxhall and all.

Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
Grand Champions 2009
Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #79
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
lol I Just put this sticker inside the drivers window as a reminder.

It's an Izusu engine too. I thought it would a be a Chevy four banger being Vauxhall and all.
The Chevy diesels are all made by Isuzu these days. Apparently, they seem to be good ones too.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #80
Dr_KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony76248 View Post
The Chevy diesels are all made by Isuzu these days. Apparently, they seem to be good ones too.
See, I just learned something new today.

Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
Grand Champions 2009
Old 12-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #81
hossrocks
On the road to being a farker

The last few month we have been looking for a location to set up and vend daily. Well, we found our location and we are setting up our rig next week in a permenant location. I've done the research on the location. It has about 15k cars that go by everyday during the winter months and nearly 25k in the summer. We will be set up next to a very busy fresh produce market that runs year round. We'll be open Wed-Sat to start from 11-7pm or until the food runs out. Wanna be there for lunch and early dinner crowd.
Our menu will be simple to start. Brisket, pulled pork, tri tip, sausage sammies and a cheeseburger. We plan to run nightly specials on meats by the pound with buns and sauce to go.
Our first day is the 7th of January. I'm a little nervous about vending in Jan much like smokinit. But we have to set up now if we want the location in the summer. I'll throw up some pics of our setup soon. I'll keep you all posted as to how its going.
[B]Kuna, ID[/B]
[URL="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com"]www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com[/URL]
Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Traeger 150
30x72 Reverse Flow Offset
16ft Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
12ft Full service Mobile Kitchen
hossrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:20 AM   #82
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats! Wish we could do that in Cali.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #83
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossrocks View Post
The last few month we have been looking for a location to set up and vend daily. Well, we found our location and we are setting up our rig next week in a permenant location. I've done the research on the location. It has about 15k cars that go by everyday during the winter months and nearly 25k in the summer. We will be set up next to a very busy fresh produce market that runs year round. We'll be open Wed-Sat to start from 11-7pm or until the food runs out. Wanna be there for lunch and early dinner crowd.
Our menu will be simple to start. Brisket, pulled pork, tri tip, sausage sammies and a cheeseburger. We plan to run nightly specials on meats by the pound with buns and sauce to go.
Our first day is the 7th of January. I'm a little nervous about vending in Jan much like smokinit. But we have to set up now if we want the location in the summer. I'll throw up some pics of our setup soon. I'll keep you all posted as to how its going.
Ya grab that spot now and if you are next to a year round produce market you may have some winter traffic. I would not go overboard with quantities better to sell out at first than incurr alot of waist.Your first few weeks their stay open 4 or 5 days to get the feel for who is stopping in and when and make the adjust ment on days from there based on the weather. 7pm may be a bit to late in the winter to stay open but give it a shot. Best of luck and as always PM me with anything you need or if you want to talk by phone let me know.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #84
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Default Bump

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
Ya grab that spot now and if you are next to a year round produce market you may have some winter traffic. I would not go overboard with quantities better to sell out at first than incurr alot of waist.Your first few weeks their stay open 4 or 5 days to get the feel for who is stopping in and when and make the adjust ment on days from there based on the weather. 7pm may be a bit to late in the winter to stay open but give it a shot. Best of luck and as always PM me with anything you need or if you want to talk by phone let me know.

Bump!

What is going on out their Brothers? smokinit, I ran across your website earlier today, looks like you have taken the winter off from the roadside but are taking special orders.

Hossrocks, how goes the new spot? Got any pics to share?

And if I can ask a few questions, what do you guys, or anybody I guess, serve on a daily basis, do you have specials, how have you come to find out what your needs are. Did you just start out with X amount of food and close when you sold out?
Guess thos are enough for now. Just want to know how things are going?
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #85
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Much less overhead doing business this way.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #86
hossrocks
On the road to being a farker

We still have the spot but we ran into some issues with the city and a special use permit. After two weeks of paper work, meetings and additional verbage to the permit I was told yesterday that we don't need a special use permit and all I have to pay is the $25 peddlers fee! I hate politics. With that solved we are setting up today and will begin serving the first of the week. I'll post pic later tonight of the set up.
[B]Kuna, ID[/B]
[URL="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com"]www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com[/URL]
Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Traeger 150
30x72 Reverse Flow Offset
16ft Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
12ft Full service Mobile Kitchen
hossrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #87
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
We still have the spot but we ran into some issues with the city and a special use permit. After two weeks of paper work, meetings and additional verbage to the permit I was told yesterday that we don't need a special use permit and all I have to pay is the $25 peddlers fee! I hate politics. With that solved we are setting up today and will begin serving the first of the week. I'll post pic later tonight of the set up.
Went through the same thing the planning board wanted to step in but the have no say over it since it is a mobile unit. Hope this could snaps leaves for you good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #88
Pitbull
is one Smokin' Farker

I've been dreaming about this for a long time and you guys are giving me additional inspiration. Over time I have buying gear to make it happen. My real plan was to do it after retirement, but it is kind of looking like my job might end this year, so I may be starting earlier than I thought.

Keep us updated on your progress....

Lyfe Tyme 20
Old Country Trailer Pit W/Upright
Smokey Mountain-Webber Kettle
Kamado-Campfire-Rocket Stove

I take nothing for granted. I now only have good days and great days.
Pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #89
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Take the plung we'll be here for ya.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #90
Dr_KY

Still need a trailer/pit/cooker to use and money is too tight to invest at the moment.

Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
Grand Champions 2009

Tags
catering, roadside vending, vending