MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #9211
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Andrew

Welcome Kevin! Awesome cook and posts today. Looking forward to seeing more from you!
22.5 Crimson Weber Premium
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Black Weber OTG (Happy Hapgood)
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
28” Blackstone Pro Series
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210239[/url]
AClarke44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #9212
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser42 View Post
Well, everyone's gone now after the big family get together I cooked for today. For eleven people, I did: three slabs of spare ribs (trimmed to St. Louis cut), one pork loin (cut into two, as it was definitely too long to hang in the PBC), and the pulled pork butt I did yesterday. Not much of the pork loin was eaten, but most of the ribs and about half of the pulled pork was gone by the end. Lots of compliments all around, especially for the ribs. No pictures, sorry.
In my universe, that's called, SUCCESS.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:26 AM   #9213
Deebo
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Deebo

Did some beef dino bones in the PBC this weekend. LOVE them dino bones!!

Weber Performer w/ Vortex and Slow-n-Sear
Maverick ET-733
Maverick XR-50
Blue Superfast Thermapen
Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-24-2018, 07:45 AM   #9214
thedommer
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Dom

Did my first Brisket this weekend. Wasn't a full brisket. around 1.4 kg. wagyu grassfed. Since it was small I laid it on the rack instead of hanging. at 160 I followed the PBC guidelines and wrapped it in foil, added some beef stock then put it back on the PBC until 200. I let it rest in a cooler for 45 minutes since any longer and the family would kill me.

The bottom half was perfect but the top half was a bit dry. Wondering how to resolve this. Is it that I should have hung it? Or maybe its that when I wrapped it I should have flipped it over? Or maybe at like 90 degrees I flip it?

Last edited by thedommer; 09-24-2018 at 07:52 AM..
thedommer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #9215
gatorjj
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : J.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Did some beef dino bones in the PBC this weekend. LOVE them dino bones!!

Probably a silly question, but where does one acquire these beef bones? I don't seem to ever run across them in the grocery or Costco but they look AWESOME!
gatorjj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #9216
Deebo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorjj View Post
Probably a silly question, but where does one acquire these beef bones? I don't seem to ever run across them in the grocery or Costco but they look AWESOME!
I get mine at Restaurant Depot. They ALWAYS have them in stock here. That last dino rib cook was a practice cook for an annual competition I have coming up this weekend between a few buddies and I. I'll be hitting up RD again tomorrow to get both some beef and baby back ribs.
Maverick ET-733
Maverick XR-50
Blue Superfast Thermapen

Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #9217
Deebo
Full Fledged Farker

Here a question for anybody who may have the inside scoop on what Noah and the crew may or may not have goin on with the Pit Barrell. I'm currently considering picking up Weber Ranch Kettle but if Noah happens to have any plans on putting out a 55 gal PBC senior (since they did a Jr.), I'd be picking up one of those in a heartbeat!! Anyone know if one is in the works?
Maverick ET-733
Maverick XR-50
Blue Superfast Thermapen

Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #9218
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Here a question for anybody who may have the inside scoop on what Noah and the crew may or may not have goin on with the Pit Barrell. I'm currently considering picking up Weber Ranch Kettle but if Noah happens to have any plans on putting out a 55 gal PBC senior (since they did a Jr.), I'd be picking up one of those in a heartbeat!! Anyone know if one is in the works?
I may be wrong and should not even comment, but I might think that a 55 might not work as well as the shorter barrel for the cooking system. I am sure he has a good thing going right now, but I am sure there are future products coming his way.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #9219
Tannhauser42
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : X

Just fired it up today. Keeping it simple this weekend. Just doing two large meatloaves(meatloafs?) for dinners this week, a roll of Jimmy Dean sage sausage with a bit of Killer Hogs rub on it, and another block of Spam. All on a grate rather than hanging.
Tannhauser42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 05:55 PM   #9220
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedommer View Post
Did my first Brisket this weekend. Wasn't a full brisket. around 1.4 kg. wagyu grassfed. Since it was small I laid it on the rack instead of hanging. at 160 I followed the PBC guidelines and wrapped it in foil, added some beef stock then put it back on the PBC until 200. I let it rest in a cooler for 45 minutes since any longer and the family would kill me.

The bottom half was perfect but the top half was a bit dry. Wondering how to resolve this. Is it that I should have hung it? Or maybe its that when I wrapped it I should have flipped it over? Or maybe at like 90 degrees I flip it?

Looks good, Dom! Never grated my brisket so not sure what to tell you. I don't think a lot of guys are flippers though. My best guess is the moist side had the fat cap and that was the diff.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #9221
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Default Huli huli chicken!

Huli Huli chicken on the PBC, from Mr. Smoky Ribs BBQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P4Suods2Ys
Love that fella and the recipe is legit. Flavors pop, sweet and spicy, moist, pretty, skin was preserved even with the huli huli sauce; flavorful crispy char. Used chicken quarters. Good stuff. I recommend this prep.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #9222
Sooner21
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice looking chicken!
Sooner21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #9223
BigKing
Full Fledged Farker

That chicken looks fantastic.

I haven't cooked in probably five weeks due to life and, more to the point, a diet. Will be doing either 3 or 6 racks of ribs and who knows what else on Saturday. Been thinking about the ribs for the past five days.

Can't wait.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #9224
HOBONICHOLBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Well, a couple months ago when I was working 7-12's for two months I ordered just about every craycort option I could for my cookers. When I got the shipment I realized the Smokey Joe Griddle and grate fit the PBC Jr. Here's a short video showing it getting installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9HM38sx0pI
HOBONICHOLBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2018, 11:50 PM   #9225
Evil-g
is Blowin Smoke!

Well f*#&@ thanks for the video, guess I’ll order.
Backyard Grill 26 inch
Pit Barrel Cooker
Evil-g is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
hanging meat, Hooking meat, Noah Glanville, PBC, PBJ, pit barrel cooker, pit barrel junior, pork butt, set it and forget it