Thoughts on Pellets

but your not burning alder logs its pellets. I'd assume one pellet is as dense as the next so btu wouldn't be based on density of the wood itself. I'm just thinking out loud here

but your not burning alder logs its pellets. I'd assume one pellet is as dense as the next so btu wouldn't be based on density of the wood itself. I'm just thinking out loud here

The Naked Whiz needs to make a pellet database to go along with his charcoal db.

Asking what is the best pellet is like asking what is the best pellet grill!

The ones people have and use are always better that what someone else has and uses.

Ton as in 2,000 pounds? Do you have a restaurant that uses pellets? :p

Yes.. 2000#. My bother, nephew, and neighbor also have pellet grills. They usually take a ton. I go through a ton a yr by myself. I use my smoker several times a week. I also cold smoke 80# of cheese twice a yr, as well as 120 # of bacon using a smoke generator that uses pellets.

CAUTION! WHEN PURCHASING PELLETS, ALWAYS CALL THE MANUFACTURER TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE BUYING WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE BUYING.
Whats on the bag is not usually accurate. There are very few that print exactly what is in the bag.

They're not telling the truth on the bag, but if you call them, they WILL tell you the truth about what's really in the bags??

:loco:

I've been happy with my lumberjack competition pellets that I've been using. very little dust in the bag. I had some Louisiana grills ones that were okay, but prefer the LJ ones. I want to try some Cookin Pellets or Smoke ring but can't find them close to me.

Cooking Pellets Perfect Mix are the best pellets I have used...and I’ve used many different brands. Smoke rings seem to be more pronounced, flavor seems better, and they burn great. One thing I suggest, no matter what brand you go with, is to screen the pellets before putting them in your hopper. You would be very surprised how many small particles and dust are in the bags and they will cause concerns down the road.

Back