• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breakfast fatty on the MAK

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Prepped a breakfast fatty last night - Hot sausage, eggs, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Hit it with some Chucabara and wrapped in cling wrap.

Smoked w/ pecan and cherry mix on the MAK for 90ish minutes at 275. Finished at 325 to crisp up the bacon.

So this became breakfast. Hard to beat...
K2FTaBEl.jpg

Looks excellent. Please school me on this? I’ve made rod of fatties but never stuffed with eggs. Scramble the eggs and build it night before and into fridge until the next morning to cook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks excellent. Please school me on this? I’ve made rod of fatties but never stuffed with eggs. Scramble the eggs and build it night before and into fridge until the next morning to cook?

https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-fattie-fatty-piston.html

Cowgirl did a great writeup on making a Fatty Piston. I built up a few of these years ago and they are super helpful into making all sorts of fillings for a stuffed fatty. I used to do similar breakfast style with eggs, cheese, bacon, peppers, etc etc.

The reply above with instructions from Jeanie is probably your best bet, but here's my $0.02:

1. Make a bacon weave (just lacing bacon) on top of some parchment paper or cling wrap (helps you roll the fatty)
2. Mash the sausage out into a rectangle that's just short of the edges of the weave.
3. Scramble eggs, 3-5 depending on size & your preference
4. Layer eggs on the sausage;
5. Cover with cheese of your choice (I'm a cheddar &/or Jack man myself)
6. Layer whatever veggies you like - I diced shrooms, onions
7. Roll up. Secure the ends with the bacon (remember when I said not to mash the sausage to the full width of the weave?)

Smoke at 275 for 90mins. Bump temp to 325-350 to crisp up the bacon (30 mins or so).

Cut into slices and stick 'em in a biscuit. End of Story.

That sounds and looks great. Is on my list for sure. Did you get any pics of it sliced?

No sorry. The daughter and grandkids came over on their way to school and... well, we treated that fatty pretty rough...didn't last long.

Looking tastee.A neighbor gave me some Chucacabra rub.It was legit.

I've only tried the original but I think its a fantastic rub. Glad you're enjoying it. Wish I'd have tried it sooner.

Back