• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

February ***SPECIAL*** "Foods You Love!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New February SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"Foods You Love!"

This was Smoke Freak's winning entry in the 2020 "Foods You Love" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

1. Cook a favorite meal or dish that you keep coming back to! We encourage you to provide details as to why it's a favorite dish and what inspired it, if applicable.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

3. Standard Throwdown Rules Apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 1/29 through Monday 3/1/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/1/21.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Looking in the pantry, my options look pretty bleak at this point in time... :twitch:

LoFrHBt.jpg

I nixed the tunafish game plan....:biggrin1: I do love it, but not as much as anything from the trout/salmon family. Here is one entry for the "Foods You Love!" Throwdown. It's smoked steelhead. HERE is the link to my cooks thread in Q-Talk, which includes the requested details as to why it's a favorite dish and what inspired it, if applicable.

T49Domd.jpg

Last edited:
This cook was not planned as a TD cook but there are many reasons why I think this is appropriate for this TD.

I LOVE chicken, there´re so many things you can do with chicken. Cooking a whole chicken not only gives you the joy of that but the rewards afterwards are endless. Many things to do with the leftovers and use the carcass for stock making.

After doing spatchcock chicken for a long time, I got this French rotisserie 1,5 years ago and that is now my favorite way of doing a whole chicken.

My favorite way of cooking, is using open fire in some way or other. I´m lucky to be able to do that in my fireplace. Run a fire to make coals and shovel them under the whole chicken on the rotisserie. WIN-WIN-WIN.

And finally, inspiration for this cook goes right back to the Brethren. Ever since reading about dry brining on this forum, that's become my go-to for chicken. I salt it, use a saltless rub and let it sit in the fridge for 48 hours. It ALWAYS delivers on taste and juicyness.

Please use this picture as my entry picture.

01.jpg

I'd enter this if I could figure out how to make a tuna melt and chips look appetizing.

Photo number one is my official entry

It’s extremely rare I cook steaks inside, but weather dictated this Valentines meal.

Reverse seared cast iron filet topped with espresso rub compound butter, with air fryer potato medallions and beer cheese shrimp bread. That’s a nearly 40 year old wedding napkin.

Attachments

• E9196039-D417-4946-B6F5-E9FA136E98DD.jpg
    E9196039-D417-4946-B6F5-E9FA136E98DD.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 284
  • CB9CC628-4F87-40CA-91D4-4201BEBCE125.jpg
    CB9CC628-4F87-40CA-91D4-4201BEBCE125.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 7AA62EF7-8EE4-4FE8-BFC7-06EB87E4E663.jpg
    7AA62EF7-8EE4-4FE8-BFC7-06EB87E4E663.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 160
  • BB3AFDD1-157C-49CB-A1CD-7F0BD8BE9D0A.jpg
    BB3AFDD1-157C-49CB-A1CD-7F0BD8BE9D0A.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 158
Probably my favorite paper plate gourmet meal is chicken wings brined in pickle juice overnight then cooked on the Weber kettle using the BBQ Vortex. Tossed in my Carolina reaper wing sauce & served with homemade blue cheese dressing. I’ve been growing reapers for a couple years. I throw a few in the Vitamix with some Frank’s red hot & Kerry Gold butter. It’s so good but hot!! I have a canister for the blender that can only be used for hot stuff now. My wife was thrilled about it.

Last edited:
Probably my favorite paper plate gourmet meal is chicken wings brined in pickle juice overnight then cooked on the Weber kettle using the BBQ Vortex. Tossed in my Carolina reaper wing sauce & served with homemade blue cheese dressing. I’ve been growing reapers for a couple years. I throw a few in the Vitamix with some Frank’s red hot & Kerry Gold butter. It’s so good but hot!! I have a canister for the blender that can only be used for hot stuff now. My wife was thrilled about it.

Is this an entry? :confused:

I'm trying...Life aint being kind to me right now...Still got some hours...And I'm getting hungry..............

And that's a wrap! Voting shall begin as soon as one of us gets the poll up, whoever that may be. :razz:

Back