What makes someone a PitMaster?

asada

Well this is my first post on this site.

So my questions is, what makes someone a bonafide
pitmaster?

Well this is my first post on this site.

So my questions is, what makes someone a bonafide
pitmaster?
You got a pit that you've mastered, you sir are a bona fide Pit Master. Take care of someone else's pit, you are just a pit bitc.....

Pretty simple when you think about - Falls into that master of your own domain thinking :roll:

At my house, on my pit(s) I am the master. Doesn't mean I know everything, it just means it's my pit. Go to someone else's house or use their pit, just like Richard F. said your just not the master.

Proudly Announces that on
Friday, May Ninth, Two Thousand Eight

Neil Strawder

Has achieved a level of proficiency in
Fine Outdoor Culinary Arts
sufficient to be declared a
Pit Master
in
Barbeque and Smoking

Having Demonstrated Consummate
Understandings and Proficiencies in the Areas of:

Fire Safety , Control, and Containment .
Food Safety, Handling , Preparation and Storage.
Temperature Management in Diverse Fuel Environments.
Food Fashions, Trends, and Preferences, in Competitive and Social Events.
Regional , Ethnic and International Variations of Classic Outdoor Cuisines

_____________________________ - _________
- Grand PooBah of the BBQ Brethren - Date

Hmmm... And all this time I thought it had something to do with leather and whips...

I can't help but think of the Star Wars quote:

"The circuit is now complete - When I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I am the master."

LMAO......Laughing so hard the dog is staring at me like I'm nuts....:lol::lol::biggrin:

Wait... You haven't seen my "Pit Master" outfit :eek: You won't be laughing any more and the dog will run!
whip2.gif

A graduate of "Paul Kirk's Pitmaster Class"...:twisted:...at least that's what my diploma says...amongst other things...:lol::lol::lol:

Asada..are you the same asada that would post fantastic pics of his grilling masterpieces on another board? If so, you are a grilling master. A pit master can do the same, just with a smoker! If you are the same asada and still have your website, post the link and show us your grilling skills.

Okay, you are a pit master when .... you have mastered your pit, or by holding a BBQ Bretheren certificate or by mastering temp control on your pit. Sounds good. Now, what about basting??? I've pretty much mastered that. In fact you could call me a masterba......:eek:

Oh, never-mind. Not woodpile.

Having Demonstrated Consummate
Understandings and Proficiencies in the Areas of:

Fire Safety , Control, and Containment .
Food Safety, Handling , Preparation and Storage.
Temperature Management in Diverse Fuel Environments.
Food Fashions, Trends, and Preferences, in Competitive and Social Events.
Regional , Ethnic and International Variations of Classic Outdoor Cuisines

Food fashions.... not BBQ clothing fashion?

In this bunch a fashion statement is a quite a broad swipe.
Fairy wings, diapers, fuzzy slippers, etc. are the norm...

Okay, you are a pit master when .... you have mastered your pit, or by holding a BBQ Bretheren certificate or by mastering temp control on your pit. Sounds good. Now, what about basting??? I've pretty much mastered that. In fact you could call me a masterba......:eek:

Oh, never-mind. Not woodpile.

My buddy has a competition team called "The Ft.Collins Masterbasters"

Back