Smokers Update :)

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This week I sold my Good One Open Range - good little smoker but I didn’t use it very much and couldn’t justify the space.

A few months ago I sold my Meadowcreek PR36 and prior to that got rid of my BGE XL and KJ Jr.

So now I am left with the following:

Hunsaker drum: for set it and forget it charcoal smoking and for the capacity
M1: for stick burning, have never used it as a grill BTW.
Hasty Bake Legacy: close to the kitchen and used for quick grilling and reverse searing. I have actually had it on CL a few times but always pulled the ad after a few days :icon_blush:
Weber 26: i really only use it for vortex wings. I have the Cajun Bandit but haven’t spun anything in awhile
KBQ C60: love it but don’t use it much, luckily it’s small and doesn’t take up too much room

The deck looks pretty good having sold the OR, MC and BGE - so that being said I just ordered a Workhorse 1957 to be delivered in Aug-Sep :-D. Pretty excited as I’ve been wanting a traditional flow offset for awhile. Pics here on the brethren was very helpful to push me over the edge :p

Last edited:
That's awesome. I have a lot of cookers, though you definitely have me beat. I'm also thinking through what I should do.

I currently have a small BGE, 22 inch kettle, 18 inch WSM, a Portable Kitchen (original...not the 360), and an Old Country Wrangler. I also have two smokey joes, a jumbo joe, an orion, and an electric smoker.

My number just got called for the Franklin offset. I think I will defer that, which I think is an option. I'm also seriously considering a Weber Summit Kamado E6.

I totally don't need either. I'm just torn and feel like I could tidy up a bit outside by consolidating. But hard to let go of cookers that are battle tested and work well!

You’re one of the craziest Brethren I know… that’s why I love ya man! Congrats :)

Congrats! I would say that's a pretty good trade off. Those are some fine looking cookers

Thanks brother! I think I showed pretty good restraint to not hit the ‘place order’ button on the Workhorse until I sold the Open Range :-D

That's awesome. I have a lot of cookers, though you definitely have me beat. I'm also thinking through what I should do.

I currently have a small BGE, 22 inch kettle, 18 inch WSM, a Portable Kitchen (original...not the 360), and an Old Country Wrangler. I also have two smokey joes, a jumbo joe, an orion, and an electric smoker.

My number just got called for the Franklin offset. I think I will defer that, which I think is an option. I'm also seriously considering a Weber Summit Kamado E6.

I totally don't need either. I'm just torn and feel like I could tidy up a bit outside by consolidating. But hard to let go of cookers that are battle tested and work well!

Totally hear you. As I said the HB has made an appearance or 2 on CL but started regretting it almost immediately.

I saw a recent video on YouTube of the Franklin cooker and looks like a beast!

You’re one of the craziest Brethren I know… that’s why I love ya man! Congrats :)

Hahah! Yeah hard to believe I’m actually downsizing lol. BTW I forgot to mention I still have my Grilla Chimp and just got on the list to upgrade to WiFi :clap2:

I’ve been eyeballing all offset for a while myself. I keep telling myself, I have to get out of the military and settle down first. I’ve been able to hold off so far. Congrats on the new smoker. Hope it arrives soon!!

Good trouble!

I'm thinking of selling my Open Range too. I just don't use it enough and it's taking space in the garage. Honestly, my smokes these days are smaller ones and the PK does what I need it to.

Congrats! I've been lusting over a 1975 :-D

I’ve been eyeballing all offset for a while myself. I keep telling myself, I have to get out of the military and settle down first. I’ve been able to hold off so far. Congrats on the new smoker. Hope it arrives soon!!

It‘ll finish up end of August and then economy shipping is a bit after that.

Gives me time to rearrange some things and maybe even sell another smoker :becky:

Good trouble!

I'm thinking of selling my Open Range too. I just don't use it enough and it's taking space in the garage. Honestly, my smokes these days are smaller ones and the PK does what I need it to.

Same here, even when I cook for the fam it’s one brisket or 3 racks of ribs at most.

Congrats on the Workhorse. Very sexy pit. I lust for one, but know I don’t have the time in my life right now.

Very Nice Looking forward to seeing your cooks

:thumb:

Nice, can't wait to see some cooks on the Offset, you going to keep the M1?

Nice, can't wait to see some cooks on the Offset, you going to keep the M1?

Thanks for checking in Kev. Good question :becky: For now I’ll keep the M1 as I have no complaints - I feel like I can run it pretty well (I broke the thermometer but kinda feel like I don’t need it that much anymore :wink). I can also get it up and running in about 45mins.

If I feel like it becomes redundant or if I like traditional flow better I might consider to sell it but the footprint is pretty small so not a big deal to keep it, especially since I got rid of some of the others :clap2:

Back