Best rubs and sauces

bingo1912

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hello all!
Gary from Gary's BBQ Supplies up in the NW corner of Washington State.

I am planning on a Grand opening on May 1st and I would like some opinions on the rubs and sauces I should stock.
I know there are lot's of opinions, I have my own as well. Just looking for a popular vote. :clap2:

My faves?
"Rub fer Grub" by Junior Urias
"Yardbird" by BBQ Plowboys
"Beef Brisket Rub" by Dances with Smoke
My personal rub, "Curly's Q"

I can't stock Meat Church as there is another local retailer that carries it as well.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Attachments

• Gary's BBQ logo.jpg
    Gary's BBQ logo.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 329
Hello all!
Gary from Gary's BBQ Supplies up in the NW corner of Washington State.

I am planning on a Grand opening on May 1st and I would like some opinions on the rubs and sauces I should stock.
I know there are lot's of opinions, I have my own as well. Just looking for a popular vote. :clap2:

My faves?
"Rub fer Grub" by Junior Urias
"Yardbird" by BBQ Plowboys
"Beef Brisket Rub" by Dances with Smoke
My personal rub, "Curly's Q"

I can't stock Meat Church as there is another local retailer that carries it as well.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Naturiffic is honored to have been mentioned within the first 4 posts. :)

Hi Gary,
I’m co-owner of Naturiffic, send me a PM if I can answer any questions or you can email me at john@naturiffic.com

Best of luck in your new venture!

Which of the rubs or sauces do you like best? I' trying to get an All-Star lineup here.

All of them are pretty amazing at their genre. I'm in a cigar group and send out a 'welcome to smokerhood' club whenever someone gets a smoker. I always send Oakridge, but try to send based on how they cook (the guy with the new Blackstone, gets Carne Crosta for the searing, etc)

We have also done a few 'rub splits' where I'll order someones full lineup, and then send everyone samples to work with. And whatever brand we do, they always end up going "that was fun, where is the best place to buy Oakridge?"

I use a lot of different companies, and I’m always trying new stuff.

But Sucklebusters rubs are ALWAYS in my cabinet.

Check out Southern Gourmet Spice Company from down here in Florida.
Kenny Bear Rub has quite a growing following and it is used by several Florida chain locations, and sold in different Butcher shops and Stores. Also used on the Comp trail and has resulted in quite a few wins.
I have been using it for years and it is a savory, with a nice bite, style that complements Pork and Chicken. Creates a good bark also.

They will set you up with their line of Rubs and Spices, and some of their Breader Mixes also.
Kenny Roberts 386-884- 0051
Southterngourmetspice@gmail.com
Tell him Rick referred you.

I really enjoy Albukirky seasonings on things when I want a “non traditional barbecue” type flavor. Their Green Chile seasoning is probably my favorite thing to put on chicken quarters. It’s probably not a style of seasoning carried at as many places in your neck of the woods, so might allow you to differentiate a bit if local palettes are compatible.

All the other suggestions have been great as well.

Another vote for Plowboys, Oakridge and Sucklebusters. Haven't used Naturiffic yet but John is a great contributor to this site and hear nothing but great things about his products.

Another vote for Oakridge. Kosmos as well. When I’m looking for a nice mahogany color on my bark, I always finish with Killer Hogs. Their rub is deep red and creates a nice color. I like 3 Gringos and Harry Soo’s line-up as well.

Back