Opa!!! Souvlaki Time! All From Scratch

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Since "Eat like a Greek" throwdown is currently on I decided on souvlaki. Big family Sunday dinners are becoming almost routine with all of us getting together Sundays so it was a perfect day to execute some Greek style grub.

I did tri tip

nI8omSZh.jpg

And Duroc butt :nod:

b8tSbuYh.jpg

Marinated as traditional as I could with oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and I threw in a little bit of fresh sage

fbd7WZOh.jpg

While the meats were marinating I did hummus and rice (no pics) plus tzatziki sauce

xuNobp0h.jpg

Greek style salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, Greek olives, feta cheese and lots of oregano

xHsCEzSh.jpg

Then got to baking some pita bread :becky:

UkEDuw1h.jpg

cVBEV8Vh.jpg

Greek Gods were smiling at me because my pitas came out perfect

eA6pjI4h.jpg

Zr2WVxkh.jpg

Used bamboo skewers this time

FE8oDabh.jpg

Onto the 26 with my LSG fire management basket

plZN5kGh.jpg

dpHLherh.jpg

And served

GaAh5muh.jpg

Of course I had to make a Greek style taco :laugh:

bc3fAYBh.jpg

Kicked my arse doing this all day but the payoff was worth it. Everything was good and everyone left happy. Thanks for looking!

I have 0 idea that is other than something that I'd probably like.

My education continues.:-D

That is a great looking dish! Your extra effort certainly paid off with that plated pic. Nicely done!

You killed it again! I hope your family appreciates your cooking!!! I know we do and we don’t even get to have any!

You killed it again! I hope your family appreciates your cooking!!! I know we do and we don’t even get to have any!

:laugh:

Thanks Clay! I'm starting to see a pattern as everyone calls or shows up on Sundays regularly now. I don't mind it at all though. Well, except when I have to get up and go to work on Monday. :becky:

Man, I love souvlaki... and I would put a hurting on ALL of that!

Great to see the family getting together and feasting.

Have a great week!

makin me hungry for my entry im cooking tomorrow.

cast iron in a 500*+ oven works well for pitas, too

Gadzooks!!!
How lucky you are to get back to Sunday dinners, a tradition long gone here.
Ed

That looks amazing Sako!!!

I’m guessing the meat smelled amazing on the grill!

Holy Home Made! Those pitas were killer, the coupe de grace. Way to bring everyone together. Cooking for friends and family is one of my favorite things to do anymore. Although it hasn't been much lately.

Back