Aldi Kamado grill

daveca83

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Aldi in the UK have started selling Kamado-style grills. They sold it the day they launched, but more are coming in stock and I could get 20% discount. Here is the link: https://www.aldi.co.uk/garden-shop/kamado-bbq

I now need to think of reasons to not purchase this. I technically have the money, although I am not sure I can really afford it, and I don't have the space either. Here are the reasons I am using to convince myself:

*I have a WSM and a Mastertouch, I don't NEED it
*It's Aldi, how good can it be (very good according to reviews)
*How much will I use it?
*I will probably miss the day they relaunch anyway

Sigh! It's always nice looking though!

Wait, you are wanting reasons NOT to buy a new grill!?!

Sorry, I’m allllllll out of reasons!

That only means one thing!

Buy it and let us know what ya think :bow:

Last edited:
Unless you are married, you have no reason not to buy it. If you are and your wife goes on a trip, buy it and cook on it quickly and when she returns, tell her your friend gave you a used kamado. I sideline as a marriage counselor, btw:laugh:

I bought a similar kamado several years back and over that time I used it enough to justify the purchase. I would say that you already have a better smoker in your WSM. To me that means you would have to decide if you want to buy it for grilling duties. You have a grill and I am assuming it is gas powered. Some people don't have the patience to fire up a kamado to grill off a few steaks. Some people bake and cook pizzas in their kamados and they turn out good, but again it is somewhat of a process. Lots of things to consider with this one especially if there are other cookers that you have an eye out for.

Last year, we had a similar deal going here from Lidl.
I didn´t need a Kamado but at 72euro, it was hard to say no to a mini 13" egg.
I don´t use it a lot but it´s fun to cook on when I don´t need a lot of space.
It did not have a heat deflector so I´m using a CI pan. Might want to doublecheck what accessories you get with it.

Aldi in the UK have started selling Kamado-style grills. They sold it the day they launched, but more are coming in stock and I could get 20% discount. Here is the link: https://www.aldi.co.uk/garden-shop/kamado-bbq

I now need to think of reasons to not purchase this. I technically have the money, although I am not sure I can really afford it, and I don't have the space either. Here are the reasons I am using to convince myself:

*I have a WSM and a Mastertouch, I don't NEED it
*It's Aldi, how good can it be (very good according to reviews)
*How much will I use it?
*I will probably miss the day they relaunch anyway

Sigh! It's always nice looking though!

Buy a dodgy raffle ticket and say you won it
Your Aldis make ours look pathetic

Wait! You came to the BBQ-Brethren website to ask for reasons not to buy a BBQ and you didn't include a sarcasm emoji? :caked:

The print says 'steel' but the pic looks ceramic. Would it matter in terms of heat loss and fuel efficiency?

Back