MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:32 PM   #16
nikolausp
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolausp View Post
btw the T-Fal in the 1st post in this thread was $130 yesterday, and just dropped to $103 today I noticed. Says 1 left in stock.

**update... it went back up to $130
nikolausp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #17
OneEyedGupy
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
Hey guys,

I have a basket fryer I keep on the counter in my outdoor kitchen, and I'm thinking of upgrading to one of the ones that has built in filtration like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/FR8000-Basket...dDbGljaz10cnVl

I figured I'd ask the Brethren Collective before I pulled the trigger. Anyone have experience with these? Is the filtering worth swapping an older non-filter fryer for?

Thanks!
I have this model and am still currently using it. I like it, but would like something a bit bigger if I had the room.

I haven't had any issues with reheat times, but I don't overload it either. I've had a few others like this before it without the filtration. I like this one and have come to appreciate the ease in changing or cleaning the oil.

If I had the room, I'd get something a little bigger, or entry level commercial that had a front drain. There's plenty of ways to run it thru cheesecloth or such into a 5 gal food safe bucket. I'd be able to keep a bucket for fish oil, and few other types and change them easily. While you can change the oil in this one, having the oil left in the tank below you could use something different above, but then you're back to dumping it out like the one you have now.

My general rule is buy the best I can afford for the level of job I want done, and I'm always into upgrading
OneEyedGupy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #18
nikolausp
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedGupy View Post
I have this model and am still currently using it. I like it, but would like something a bit bigger if I had the room.

I haven't had any issues with reheat times, but I don't overload it either. I've had a few others like this before it without the filtration. I like this one and have come to appreciate the ease in changing or cleaning the oil.

If I had the room, I'd get something a little bigger, or entry level commercial that had a front drain. There's plenty of ways to run it thru cheesecloth or such into a 5 gal food safe bucket. I'd be able to keep a bucket for fish oil, and few other types and change them easily. While you can change the oil in this one, having the oil left in the tank below you could use something different above, but then you're back to dumping it out like the one you have now.

My general rule is buy the best I can afford for the level of job I want done, and I'm always into upgrading

Thanks for your input. Just curious, what entry level commercial units meet your criteria, that you would consider buying if you decided to pull the trigger?
nikolausp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2021, 10:52 AM   #19
OneEyedGupy
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolausp View Post
Thanks for your input. Just curious, what entry level commercial units meet your criteria, that you would consider buying if you decided to pull the trigger?
I honestly don't remember. We have a store in town that has new and used equipment and I stopped in about 2 years ago. All the used stuff was way bigger than I needed, but there was a new unit I really liked. They said they'd call if they got one in used, but never heard from them and I didn't have the space to justify new. I'll swing back in and see what they have.

**Edit** Had a chance over lunch to look up their website, this was either the unit I liked or the newer version of it. It's 208/240v so it'd need a special receptacle, but the voltage will help with recovery time too. $345 new cost now.

Avantco F200

Last edited by OneEyedGupy; 06-17-2021 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: added info
OneEyedGupy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->