The Aaron Franklin Secret...

It seems like Mad Scientist BBQ has really hurt your feelings. Also looks like you are jealous of Franklin. Actually you just seem negative about everything from your posts that I remember. Maybe take some time to work on yourself and you will have a better outlook on life.

It seems like Mad Scientist BBQ has really hurt your feelings. Also looks like you are jealous of Franklin. Actually you just seem negative about everything from your posts that I remember. Maybe take some time to work on yourself and you will have a better outlook on life.

Mad Scientist is a complete tool. I actually like Franklin. Good BBQ and getting rich off tourist that dont know any better. Capitalism at its finest.

Mad Scientist is a complete tool. I actually like Franklin. Good BBQ and getting rich off tourist that dont know any better. Capitalism at its finest.

Ok. You still come off as someone that wants to seem edgy, but in reality you are just whiny.

Na, he's super clickbaity & smug. Not sure how it does it, but he manages. Its his matter of fact delivery of stuff that is optional in BBQ cooking. He does have some helpful videos in his collection though.

Life is still good regardless.

Bet that charcoal is $$$ though. Look out FOGO! I'm curious to see the quality & the price point. I'm getting $25-30/bag for 12#

Last edited:
Let's try to keep our posts in the spirit of the Brethren. And can we also agree to disagree? Except of course when it comes to the top 10 pellet grills. Everyone knows the top 10 pellet grills based on the latest list I find on the internet and post here!

do you create youtube content?

his videos and production value have gotten better with time. while he is putting himself out there you just criticize from your armchair.

I do. It is difficult & time consuming. He has good production values. There is a reason his channel is successful. Doesn't mean its for everybody. I have the right to my opinions. We'll leave it at that.

Anyhow the charcoal is a curious subject. Haven't seen any pics of what's inside. Heck even a quick google search of Arron Franklin Charcoal doesn't bring up much.

Mad Scientist has some worthwhile content. He may come across as a little smug but that’s a personality thing and a personal thing….he still adds value to the inter webs and bbq IMO.

I watch a video of MS yesterday and he cooked his thighs skin down while the other 2
did skin up, so he is either Mad or a Scientist.. Still I like him, and Franklin and I still going back in forth on what brand lighter to use to start my chimney :)

Can someone fill me in what the drama is about?

I guess some feel like Jeremy is guilty of using the Franklin name to generate views....aka clickbait.

he really hit a homerun in regards to this with the tallow experiment.

this current thread seems to be poking at this subject but manages to have no redeeming qualities of it's own

I guess some feel like Jeremy is guilty of using the Franklin name to generate views....aka clickbait.

he really hit a homerun in regards to this with the tallow experiment.i did mention the top 10 pellet grill thing.

this current thread seems to be poking at this subject but manages to have no redeeming qualities of it's own

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I did mention the top 10 pelet cooker thing!

I love everything about the Aaron Franklin story. The American Business Owner. Responsible not only for keeping the lights on but the actual light switch as well. As an employee you expect the paper clips copy toner and TP to be there. The Business Owner made sure it was. Myself and other business owners skipped paychecks so employees and vendors could be paid. Until you’ve lived the life of an American Business Owner from payroll procurement and then providing your services, well it’s not hard to see who has shouldered that responsibility. I don’t think less of a person who thinks like an employee instead of an owner. It’s normal

I think the Aaron Franklin story is a great one.
Power to him, his wife and employees.

Back