Wings deep fried with Ranch dip (the right way)

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just teasing about the ranch. The wings turned out great on the El cheapo deep fryer. Plated is with Sweet Baby Ray's on one half and the other Kosmo Buffalo Wing Dust. So for the wing dust I applied post cook as to not muck up the deep fryer with rub. OK I gotta admit I really do like the Kosmo and it was only my second time using it. These might be my favorite all time wings. Applying post cook rocked it for me. I dusted heavily and tossed in a bowl even though the pic doesn't entirely show it. Now be it either ranch or blue cheese I can do either BUT, I will start twitching without my beer šŸ˜‚. So what's everyone's must have for wings?

Attachments

• PXL_20210615_223535020.jpg
    PXL_20210615_223535020.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 218
Those look killer! I've never tried deep frying - it's not a cooking method I grew up with or one I ever picked up. All my wings are cooked in the kettle with a vortex. Someday I'll have to give it a try.

I've used a King Kooker to deep fry wings and they were really good. You can fry a bunch at one time or lesser amounts by using a smaller pot, I use a cast iron dutch oven.

My most requested wings are deep fried. I soak them in Texas Pete wing sauce for at least 24 hours, then fry them at 350 on my fish cooker. Always crispy with a little heat to them.

Back