Derby Day Shenanigans in the Duke City - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
The day sure started off nicely with a whole squadron of hot air balloons taking to the skies just after dawn.

h9gefWil.jpg

The menu for today's Derby Celebration: (Links to recipes)
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Mrs. Scarlett's Deviled Eggs (from A Chef's Life on PBS)
- Homemade Bread Pudding - Awaiting recipe info on this one from CINCHOUSE
- Plenty of Mint Juleps

First, I jumped on the Deviled Egg business.

LgoQwr6l.jpg

3jiOYC3l.jpg

I used the Instant Pot for easy, very nice hard boiled eggs.

1GWO1oql.jpg

kGsu1k8l.jpg

LIF0Z1rl.jpg

hh9sIell.jpg

Gn7HVx9l.jpg

Finished the eggs in 3 ways:
- Smoked Paprika
- Naturiffic Chicken Salt
- Oakridge HDD

BbOna1il.jpg

74kIeoyl.jpg

Then, I moved on to the Hot Brown Slider prep:

ctqm6PIl.jpg

F4kapTNl.jpg

BLuvrypl.jpg

xHjo1xRl.jpg

These will go in the oven around 1600-1615, for good noshing just prior to the big race.

Just flipped on the early races at Churchill Down.

Should whip up a Mint Julep soon.

I'm just across town from Churchill Downs. Heading to a Derby party in a few minutes. It's not like the first Saturday in May but it will do. Not a julep fan but I do like bourbon. Your chow looks excellent and I love the hot brown slider idea. Happy Derby!

I'm just across town from Churchill Downs. Heading to a Derby party in a few minutes. It's not like the first Saturday in May but it will do. Not a julep fan but I do like bourbon. Your chow looks excellent and I love the hot brown slider idea. Happy Derby!

Awesome! Hope you enjoy the festivities.

I'll take care of the juleps for you. Woodford just made its first appearance of the day in a mint julep.

FeF5WBrl.jpg

Munchkin's Plate:
- Really impressed with just how good the Chicken Salt is on these deviled eggs! Chicken on Chicken!

F2Pvx9ul.jpg

My plate:
- Had a sampler of all 3 versions of the eggs. HDD continues to be my favorite, but it would destroy my girls' mouths.

FvRFqB2l.jpg

These sliders are ridiculous. How can you go wrong with melted gruyere and parmesan on most anything!?

Looks great. I had Authentic so I’m pretty happy.

I almost bought into the Authentic line, but chose Tiz The Law instead. It was a great race, especially between these two...

You're not horsing around! I know that that food didn't last furlong, it just disappeared. I hope you all had a great hay, I mint a great day!

That's what I'm talking about, everything you posted is a winner. Very nice.

Yes!!

Careful you don't catch a colt with all the unbridled puns between the two of you. I'd hate to be saddled with that guilt. :roll:

I sure think of a lot more hot air balloons than that, when I think of ABQ!

You aren't kidding on the pressure cooker for the eggs. I had all but given up on making them, until I bought one. They are the most effortless eggs to peel, time after time.

Back