High Plains Lockdown Easter Dinner - Rack of Lamb, Deviled Eggs, Cocktails... (Pt 8 of X?) w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Easter, Pholks!

We started things off with a spot of brunch while watching Andrea Bocelli's concert from the Milan Cathedral on YouTube. Absolutely Stunning!

Soon, we got the munchkin down for a nap and started cooking.

I started on the Deviled Eggs first, using the Boss' Instant Pot to do medium-boiled eggs. Brilliant! Huge control over the consistency of the yolks.

WjiOpyel.jpg

MYlDp4fl.jpg

Most of the eggs got a light dusting of paprika. A few caught some smoked paprika. Two halves caught a light dusting of Oakridge Habanero Death Dust. It. Was. Ah-mazing!

a3eGow4l.jpg

By then, CINCHOUSE was feeling thirsty, and the mimosa supply had long since dried up.

I made the most "froo-froo" cocktail (most work, by far) of my home bartending experience, but the flavors were out of this world.

The Hint of Spring - Recipe Link

uma2mG8l.jpg

After a couple of those, we figured we should get working on the rack of lamb.

A paste of anchovies, EVOO, salt, pepper, and herbs soon slathered the whole thing, and into the oven she went.

f1vujGPl.jpg

A short while later, I carved her up. Rare to some bits Medium-Rare. Perfect.

V328ZK0l.jpg

In addition to the lamb (with Jamie Oliver's "Salsa Verde") and deviled eggs, we had faux mashed potatoes (riced cauliflower) with lamb gravy, Yorkshire Puddings, and asparagus. The Malbec was also especially tasty this evening.

6WOjWlEl.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Time to go see about getting a worn-out munchkin to bed with a minimum of additional whining and tears.

Kind regards and thin blue.

That looks downright delicious

Now try and hold off the tears and whining when you put Munchkin to bed

It looks like another successful cook out west. An excellent looking meal and glad you had a nice Easter.

Marc, I hope you had a Blessed Easter!
The Lamb looks amazing and the eggs sound delicious!
A tired Munchkin can be a handful but after that meal I am sure she slept good.

What a great meal!

Any chance you are retiring to Bangor? I'm looking for a pilot for the TBM since they pulled my medical. :)

Great eats, Marc! Love lamb meatsicles. I did some instant pot hardboiled eggs this weekend for egg salad and the results were great.

Those young years with the kiddee can be rough and exhausting - but they are simple! Gets a little more complicated in the teen years. :shocked:
On the balance it's the best thing ever though. :thumb:

Back