• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash on Saturday April 22, 2017

If you missed the Bash today you missed a great time. Great food, great hospitality by a great bunch of cooks. Thanks everyone for all that y'all did did to pull this together. We had a great time.

As a first time attendee I wanted to say thanks to all the folks that set this up. My wife and I, our kids, and dog all had a great time, and it was nice meeting everyone and talking about food!

Also great to see everyone's cookers in-person and try a bunch of food.

Looking forward to next time!

David

You all had a nice turnout, can't wait to see more pics. Oh and names.

Gordon, Smitty said he couldn't get a good cell signal or would have posted pics at the bash. Hotch will be posting after downloading to Photobucket. We should have names with pictures of folks doing Cabo shots.

I'm sorry I missed the bash!! My house sold (under contract) after being on the market for only a day so now I'm scrambling. I thought I'd at least have a week or two to prepare, lol...

That's a real good reason. We'll catch ya next time.

Good morning,

I want to thank everyone who came out and made this probably the best BBQ Brethren Bash EVER! Shelly and I had absolutely the best time with all of you guys and gals. It was so great to see you again and to meet all of the new BBQ Brethren. You guys are the best. This year topped the charts with approx. 40+ in attendance.

With another N Texas Bash in the books this one will be a special one. With the run up of poor weather and then for it to break into a great Saturday, albeit a bit windy, it turned out great. Sliding Billy saved the day with his coffee to keep us warm, blue tarps used for wind screens and his endless supply of paper goods.

The day started off as we rolled in around 6:30, paid the $7 per head to the Great State of Texas for the use of a great State Park on the Bash was on. We started by loading up everything for the walk up the hill to the pavilion, over looking Lake Ray Roberts, "it was a workout". On our heels was Chris and Christine next and we both finished unloading and were ready for the Bash to begin. In just a little while the Brethren started rolling in.

Ag76 brought his self made custom offset, Paul rolled in with his great Shirley Fab Cabinet Door w/warmer offset (Paul, Tyler great job. That pit ran like it was on Auto Pilot!!) and SmittyJonz finished off the smokers with Boomshakalaka! Dave brought his 26" Weber while Chris had his Green Mountain. Shelly and I brought the BGE MiniMAX and our R&V Cajun Fryer.

First out, for us, we cold smoked, on the MiniMAX with some pecan wood our Bacon Balsamic Deviled Eggs. Next up we deep fried Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots with a jalapeno slice inside and glazed with a Jalapeno Jelly. Then I worked with Frognot on the MiniMAX for some grilled Pineapple with Caramel Rum sauce. For our finish we deep fried the Rum Shooters with the Caramel and Rum glaze. As you can see there seems to be a theme to our cooks...Hope everyone enjoyed them, they did not last long.

Frognot brought some Pig Shots to smoke but we nix'd that idea and deep fried them as Frognot had decided that everything was better deep fried. We also tried some deep fried sausage.

All day long the food was coming off the grills, offsets and other cookers at just the right pace. I can say without a doubt that everything that was cooked at The N Texas Bash yesterday was amazing! From Dave Fisk and his Korean Beef Short ribs, Dave Alvarado and his killer Flat Iron Steak and Eggs Tacos, Chris' tasty smoked Brisket, SmittyJonz and his now Famous Meatloaf, Jay and Austin had their great ribs and off the charts Pulled Pork sammies, to another round of ribs from Piomarine (hope I got this right (Opps Sorry, if not!)). Chris's wife (Christine) made some great pasta salad, Spring Ram was so kind to bring a pan of his now required at every Bash he attends Famous Beans!! Dave Miller came with some amazing chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon rolls.

We loaded up the Shirley with a lot of sausages we all had brought and the best item out of the Shirley was the Smoked Pecan Pies, along with the smoked Mac and Cheese from Frognot!

I did my best to knock the bottom off of the Cabo that Chris brought as it was passed. Hopefully, between all of us we finished this bottle off and are on to a fresh one at the next Bash.

Everyone had a wonderful time eating, visiting, game playing and getting to know each other from the Brethren, to the wives to the kids and even the pups!

We missed not having Bruce and Kelley as Saturday was her birthday. But we did get her on Face Time and wished her Happy birthday!! Toast and others we hope all of you can make it next time.

If I missed putting your name and food cooked in here, my apologizes, please add on to this post with what I may have missed and post your comments about the Bash.

Thanks from Hotch :mrgreen: and Shelly!

A few pics we took on Saturday at the Bash!

2017-04-22%20003.jpg

2017-04-22%20005.jpg

2017-04-22%20006.jpg

2017-04-22%20008.jpg

2017-04-22%20009.jpg

2017-04-22%20013.jpg

2017-04-22%20014.jpg

2017-04-22%20016.jpg

2017-04-22%20017.jpg

2017-04-22%20018.jpg

2017-04-22%20021.jpg

2017-04-22%20023.jpg

2017-04-22%20026.jpg

2017-04-22%20028.jpg

2017-04-22%20029.jpg

2017-04-22%20031.jpg

2017-04-22%20033.jpg

2017-04-22%20035.jpg

2017-04-22%20036.jpg

2017-04-22%20037.jpg

2017-04-22%20040.jpg

2017-04-22%20042.jpg

:mrgreen:

Just got back to Spring. Hotch, thanks again for all you and Shelley do regarding the Bashes. Could not be better. The food was outstanding from everyone BUT the best thing about going to the Bash is being with some of the best people you will ever meet. Just great folks.....

Billy, tell Christine thank you for the Arnold Palmer iced tea.

Hotch, excellent write-up and pics. We went to the Rangers game this afternoon and it's amazing the change of weather in twenty four hours.

Hotch forgot about pj.
A few people had stuff in the shirley and I was too busy running my mouth to realize that everyone had taken their food out. I was feeding sticks for another 2 hours not realizing it was empty. :doh:

Every bash I have been to has always been awesome. This one had a lot of new faces. No matter who shows up they are all really nice and make the day so enjoyable. Already looking forward to the next one.

Hotch forgot about pj.
A few people had stuff in the shirley and I was too busy running my mouth to realize that everyone had taken their food out. I was feeding sticks for another 2 hours not realizing it was empty. :doh:

Every bash I have been to has always been awesome. This one had a lot of new faces. No matter who shows up they are all really nice and make the day so enjoyable. Already looking forward to the next one.

Opps! Sorry Paul, you were gracious enough to be a Sous Chef for everyone that wanted to play with your Shirley...and what a great Sous Chef you were! Nicely done sir...

All looks fun and great, but I need a picture of these Fried Pig Shots, or they must not exist...

Back