Oakridge Chili

I like the other Oakridge products really well. Haven't tried the chili seasoning cause I'm happy with my current recipe. Am curios though. Wish there was some way you could describe it compared to what you previously used. Chili is so regional is another challenge in comparing. Guess I'll just have to get some and try it

i would like to try it and live 20 miles away from were they make it and I can buy all their rubs local but the only way I can buy it has to be shipped . Buying one package to do one pot of chili will cost me $18 for one batch and is too expensive for me but I still support their other rubs .

Mike's recipe is very good and dead-simple. I've also used it in a couple of my own recipes, sometimes pairing it up with other chili powders. It's always made me happy. And I'm pretty sure the only way you could maybe get a fresher chili powder mix is to grind and blend your own.

Last edited:
I've been a happy customer and LOVE Mike's products. But international shipping just kills me. I want to try that chilli powder and the crucible. Trying to put together an order that makes it somewhat worthwhile without overdoing it. Just not sure what overdoing it is, lol. I already got a shelf full of it.

My entire top shelf is loaded with Oakridge seasonings. We just used his secret weapon and rib dominator on some pork belly today. We’re waiting for the cold snap next week to bust out his chili mix. Great seasonings!

I too really enjoyed and and used the basic recipe. However, I’d like to try it with some additional ingredients. Would love to hear what has worked for others.

I called a few local stores and they still do not carry it and want to try a bag for the football game this weekend and wish i could just pick one up where they make it .:mrgreen:

I called a few local stores and they still do not carry it and want to try a bag for the football game this weekend and wish i could just pick one up where they make it .:mrgreen:

Sorry we can't have visitors at our production location. However, there's no rules against me meeting you somewhere in town with a pound of the chili mix... It'll be like a bbq rub drug deal... :pound::pound::rofl:

Sorry we can't have visitors at our production location. However, there's no rules against me meeting you somewhere in town with a pound of the chili mix... It'll be like a bbq rub drug deal... :pound::pound::rofl:

That would be awesome and could i meet you tomorrow morning or Thursday ? I will buy two bags of 3.9 ounce bags and I apricate you doing this and will never ask again . You know if I like it I will share in my other BBQ group and I have a cabinet full of your spices that I use because i am a diabetic and just pm me when we can meet . Thanks so much and you are awesome .

That would be awesome and could i meet you tomorrow morning or Thursday ? I will buy two bags of 3.9 ounce bags and I apricate you doing this and will never ask again . You know if I like it I will share in my other BBQ group and I have a cabinet full of your spices that I use because i am a diabetic and just pm me when we can meet . Thanks so much and you are awesome .

PM sent...

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Mike and apricate you meeting up with me and will do a review of it Sunday and might do a video too . My cabinet is full of your rubs and hope you get the chili seasoning in stores soon .

Attachments

• Oakridge BBQ Chilli Rub.jpg
    Oakridge BBQ Chilli Rub.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 117
My shipment some of which is the Chili Mix should arrive this Friday. Can’t wait to try it. I use and love many of the Oakridge products. Great quality. I Wish everyone a Happy New Year!

I've made 4 batches of this Chili with different variations to get it perfect for my taste and wanted to share my modifications. The first batch was exactly per Oakridge's recipe. It was a little too spicy for my taste (it was really good though). I just finished my 4th batch and this is by far the best chili I've ever made, and my family agrees.

Recipe:
-2 cups of tomato puree
-2 cups of water with (1) Bou bouillon chicken cube (modification vs using no salt chicken stock)
-3/4 cups chili seasoning (modification vs. using 1 cup chili seasoning)
-1/2 cup ketchup (modification add on)
-1 1/2 lbs ground beef & 1/2 lb of pork sausage (modification vs using 2 lbs of ground beef)
-No salt added since I used the chicken bouillon cube

The added ketchup and reduced chili seasoning made the spice perfect. My 2nd batch I reduced the chili seasoning, but it was lacking tomato flavor so the ketchup was perfect for that and added a tiny sweetness.

The pork and chicken cube added some extra flavor. This will be my go to Chili recipe from now on. Thank you Oakridge!

Back