R

Rick's Tropical Delight

BEHOLD!
the smoked fatty pizza! :biggrin:

fattypizza-003.jpg

fattypizza-012.jpg

fattypizza-015.jpg

fattypizza-016.gif

Good aren't they. You should have seen the guy at my favorite pizza place when I showed up with a fatty and a request. And a 6 pack...

Must be saturday morning. I think you should open a pizzaria. :-D Keep the ideas coming.

Paul

How did Bad Santa get a Brethren hat?

Pretty as a picture, Rick.

Incredible...just incredible.....you never cease to amaze me!!!!

Dammmm, look at that crust! Is there an egg in my future? me thinks so.

Rick, I started using your Egg feet technique to get air under the stone, stoneware, or cast skillet. Don't know how much it helps, but I like the idea of it.

My question is: Did you get a hat for you pit bitch too.:twisted:

nope, but i gave betty a little brew last night. she doesn't handle alcohol very well :biggrin:

fattypizza-007.jpg

You are such a crazy farker!

Any tricks to doing a good pizza on the Egg. What dome temp do you run at? How long?

Looks like a proper widget glass ya got there.

Dammmm, look at that crust! Is there an egg in my future? me thinks so.

that's a premade crust and it gets crispy crisp on the pizza stone. once you have a pizza off the egg, you'll never make one in the oven again, fer sure!

Rick... The pizza is a keeper, but that other pic scared me and the dog! :rolleyes:

Any tricks to doing a good pizza on the Egg. What dome temp do you run at? How long?

Todd... I cook mine at a dome temp of 550 with the platesetter and the BGE pizza stone resting on the BGE feet on top of the piiz stone. 12 - 15 minutes depending on the ingredients.

Here's a good collection of BGE Pizza Tips.

How did Bad Santa get a Brethren hat?

anyone that calls me santa has to sit on my lap! :twisted:

Rick, I started using your Egg feet technique to get air under the stone, stoneware, or cast skillet. Don't know how much it helps, but I like the idea of it.

the theory is it will help maintain a constant temp at the bottom of the stone. the direct heat against the plate setter can be transferred to the stone of there is no air gap.

You are such a crazy farker!

i almost typed this in under that pic, "you guys must think i'm crazy!"

no tricks really, i use 420 degrees for about 20 minutes or so till it looks done... parchment paper underneath to help keep the stone clean. premade crust for quick-n-easy on a friday night.

you are over your reply limit on this thread! hahaa

You crack me up bro...we have GOT to get together and party! :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a proper widget glass ya got there.

is it? i've never heard that term so i looked it up. here's the glass and what was in it again last night.........

thighs-010.jpg

Back