Pizza ovens

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on an Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven and thought I'd pass it by y'all to see if we have any members with experience on this unit. Input/opinions appreciated.

We bought one about a month ago, so we are still newbies, but we love it. Makes great pizzas in about 2 minutes. There is a learning cure, but we've had fun with it and have no regrets.

The Koda looks great and easy to use. I have the 3 that originally started out using pellets then switched to the optional gas burner. It works but I think that having the heat come from one contained spot in the back is not as efficient. The Koda, with the flame spread over back and side is a much better design.

We bought one about a month ago, so we are still newbies, but we love it. Makes great pizzas in about 2 minutes. There is a learning cure, but we've had fun with it and have no regrets.
Thanks for that information. Could you measure the size (vertical) of the opening between the stone and top of the exit? I would appreciate knowing.

I am not sure what your line up is but, I finally did pizzas on my Masterbuilt 560 and very happy with the results

I don't have one but I've heard nothing but good reviews. There is always a learning curve when it comes to pizzas. Have fun!

We have the 12 and love it. It makes great pizza and is easy to use. Pizzas finished in 90 seconds. The Ooni pizza crust recipe works great.

I just got one as well. So far I highly recommend it, but I have used it a few times. It makes better pizza then my Weber kettle and KJ.

I have the koda 16 and have done three sessions so far.

First and only pizza oven I have used. I think it works great.

I went all in and got commercial quality peels for launching and turning.

I think my limiting factor is making the dough right and my overall lack of experience in making that type of pizza. The oven seems like it will make better and better pizzas as I gain experience.

I have the Ooni Pro and we LOVE it. I jacked around with several dough recipes and found Vito Iacopelli on YouTube. The guy is funny, has a ton of dough recipes, I use the "dough for the house" recipe exclusively and nail it every time. It's a blast, and impresses family and friends every time.

I have a roccbox and it makes amazing pizza. Highly recommend it. It comes with 2 burners (gas or pellet) but I usually just use the gas burner.

Back