right break in?

bigpaparon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
just gonna wear someone out with questions. just purchased a chargriller duo with a firebox(dont know the abbreviations yet). get it hot and spray it with oil? what is right or wrong? thanks.

Welcome!

Spray it down with Pam and light that baby up. Give it some heat and then cook some food. Post pictures...

Welcome to the forum bigpaparon.

Please go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Last edited:
i think i got it right in the cattle call finally. and i think i did well on the locator. now, after doing a bit of reading and talking to a few buddies of mine im officially confused. pam would be the easy choice, and i like easy...but what about olive oil or basic vegetable oil, a spray bottle and an adult beverage to start the evening off?

i think i got it right in the cattle call finally. and i think i did well on the locator. now, after doing a bit of reading and talking to a few buddies of mine im officially confused. pam would be the easy choice, and i like easy...but what about olive oil or basic vegetable oil, a spray bottle and an adult beverage to start the evening off?
That'll work!!

Pam is easy, save the olive oil for your pasta, i use Crisco and have great results! :biggrin:

Don't waste your OO. Pam is easiest. Peanut might be a little better. I prefer animal fats. Definitely don't waste OO. Treat it like cast iron.

Don't know that model, but if it's got porcelain or powder coating on the inside, don't even bother seasoning it. Treat it like LeCreuset. Just cook on it. A little bit of oil where the door closes might help, but don't bother with the whole thing.

MHO,

dmp

Solid shortening will give a "harder" finish than oils. "Treat it like cast iron" is spot on. Oil is easy, but not as robust as shortening or an animal fat. Clean paper towels and a can of Crisco.................true happiness.

Back