• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Thread

I texted with Jay. The Aggies have a home game on 10/23 and he may be going last I heard.

Well Shucks. Just talked with Jay. He has tickets to the game. That puts me out too. Oh well, maybe in the Spring.

Last edited:
Had to move to the maybe category. Got house construction and flooring folks coming the week before the Bash (had to re-schedule) and can't leave Sandra here by herself (she can't drive due to retina surgery).

My great nephew and great niece at Fort Hood (that I wanted to join us) will be in Tennessee that week so it'll probably just be me but won't really know until last minute.

24 Days till the Bash!!
Are you ready!! :mrgreen:

Getting really close. Site has been approved. We're ready to cook and eat!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Wow! Only 9 Days till the Bash!!
Go ahead and signup and let us know who's coming with you.
Are you bringing something to cook?
Are you bringing something to cook on?
Bust out that cooler, camp chairs and card table.
They will come in handy!

This year it will be a day trip for Shelly, myself and Sherlock.
We will head out early in the morning.
And leave in the afternoon.
Hope to see you at the 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mrgreen:

Wow! Only 9 Days till the Bash!!
Go ahead and signup and let us know who's coming with you.
Are you bringing something to cook?
Are you bringing something to cook on?
Bust out that cooler, camp chairs and card table.
They will come in handy!

This year it will be a day trip for Shelly, myself and Sherlock.
We will head out early in the morning.
And leave in the afternoon.
Hope to see you at the 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mrgreen:

You mind if I ride shotgun?

Good times with good people. If anyone is on the fence don't think twice.

Have fun fellas! I'll eventually make it to another one. After all this covid mess.

Good times with good people. If anyone is on the fence don't think twice.

Have fun fellas! I'll eventually make it to another one. After all this covid mess.

I hate to post this but we need to know...

We need to get a hard count. Lots of our regulars can't make it. I've received a few phone calls with concerns. I don't think we have the numbers to make this happen. Let us know now so we can plan accordingly. If we can't make this one happen we'll see everyone in the spring. We've had to cancel a spring bash once so I think everyone will understand.

I hate to post this but we need to know...

We need to get a hard count. Lots of our regulars can't make it. I've received a few phone calls with concerns. I don't think we have the numbers to make this happen. Let us know now so we can plan accordingly. If we can't make this one happen we'll see everyone in the spring. We've had to cancel a spring bash once so I think everyone will understand.

I'm in if I can ride with Hotch.

***CANCELATION NOTICE***

It looks like we're down to just 6-8 people. I can't even get my local relatives to show up for free bbq. They have had 4 friends die in the last couple months. I know part of it has to do with the uncertainty of securing the bash site. That was something we never dealt with before. I had a couple locals make other plans because of this. Maybe next spring and fall will be better for everyone. Y'all stay safe and healthy, especially you Charles, and we'll see each other real soon.

Back