Operation BBQ Relief needs your help feeding Florida first responders and people affected by hurricane Irma

StuBQ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Operation BBQ Relief needs your help!

We have spent the last 3 weeks in full-blown disaster mode feeding first responders and those affected by both hurricanes Harvey and Irma. We are taxing our volunteers, sponsors, partners, and equipment. We have served over 417,000 Hot BBQ Meals in two disasters. It is hot and I mean really hot and humid in Southwest Florida. It is wearing our volunteers down. We need volunteers to help through the week so we can continue to help make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by Hurricane Irma and the first responders.
If you can spare some time please volunteer. If you don't have the time please consider a monetary donation.

To Volunteer:
https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer
Or
Text "obr" to 51555
To Donate:
https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer/donation
Or
Text "obr " to 41444

Everyone's help in all ways has been greatly appreciated here in FL!

Just prior to the storm, ALL supplies and fuel in our area was completely depleted. I mean EVERY gas station was out. After the storm, my neighborhood looked like a war zone with fallen trees and down power lines. Soon afterwards, the storm cleared and out came the Sun raising the afternoon temperatures into the mid 90's with hardly a breeze. First responders from 28 states began and are still working 16 hour shifts. Personally, my home in SW FL was out of power for 8 days but I was one of the few lucky ones that had a generator.

Once again, we are very thankful for all the helping neighbors!

Just got back from 3 days with them in Estero. They are doing an amazing job under some pretty tough conditions and they still need some help. I felt guilty having to leave.
It would be nice if they never had to do it again but when they do I'll go again. What a great group of people.

Great group of men and women!!
They've helped out my friends and family after Oklahoma tornadoes ripped through the state.
Hat's off to all of you!

We were just at a KCBS event this weekend that all of the peoples choice and a 50/50 raffle went to this! Thanks for what you do.

If we had the American Flag emoji or little gif I'd use it, lots!

Don't forget you can shop Amazon through this site and donate to OBBQR!!

Back