Need smoker for 80+ baby back ribs per load!!!

jk1975

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello to everyone...
I will need your opinion (help) for my next commercial smoker.
I own a small rib shack place (we do mainly pulled pork and ribs and some chicken quarters).
A) As a fuel charcoal is the only (?) option (no access to sticks, don't like gas or electrical smokers!!) maybe I can think about a pellet but only if It will give me the right taste and the smokin ring. Don't mind if it will be GF or not.
B) Need to be extra large to huge (!!!) to be able to smoke 80+ baby back ribs in a single load.
C) To work with guru (or flame boss etc) to get some sleep at the nights
D) Be top quality to be able to smokin 20 hours a day, 6 days a week.
(Pork buts overnight, ribs and chicken during the day)
E) Really don't mind if it will be vertical or horizontal (I have the space)
F) Need the BEST smoker for RIBS if there is any!!!!!!
Budget can go up to 10,000 USD (+shippings, + taxes - I leave in an island in Europe) maybe a bit more...
If I find something from Europe will save some money from taxes but don't have
many options from here !!!
For me oyler's little red smokehouse is the best option but way out of my budget
(27,000 USD!!!)...
I spent many-many hours of reading old posts about this but at the end I got more confused that I was before the "research" so I decide to start a new threat.
Will wait your suggestions!!
Thanks in advance.

I think that finding a commercial smoker that will fit 320lbs/145kg of ribs for $10,000 is going to be a challenge. This one will do 300lbs of ribs, but it's also $21,000, and then you have to get it there, which will not be small $$ for sure.

You may be in a position where you'll need to have something built on-island. Depending on space, you could make something out of stacked cinderblocks (breezeblocks) but it would have a pretty tremendous appetite for fuel.

80 racks is a lot of meat!

Agree with sleebus, a cooker that can do 80 racks at a time for $10,000 is going to be a challenge.

Do you have warmers? A decent warmer could hold ribs, pork, etc so your batches don't have to be so large.

As for commercial smokers, the best I've seen are Ole Hickory or Southern Pride. I'm not a commercial cooker but that's what most folks use around here.

Good luck! Looks like you have a budding business!

Need go gas with Ole Hickory or that type- you feed them full splits for the smoke.

Or go Old school with a brick pit or steel copy and feed coals underneath like Scotts BBQ

Last edited:
I think that finding a commercial smoker that will fit 320lbs/145kg of ribs for $10,000 is going to be a challenge. This one will do 300lbs of ribs, but it's also $21,000, and then you have to get it there, which will not be small $$ for sure.

You may be in a position where you'll need to have something built on-island. Depending on space, you could make something out of stacked cinderblocks (breezeblocks) but it would have a pretty tremendous appetite for fuel.

80 racks is a lot of meat!

http://stumpssmokers.com/the-platinum-4/
136 baby back ribs ... This is what they advert!!!

Cookshack is one of the manufacturers that they have a distributor in EU. If I will go pellet I will go for 2 smaller
FEC120 and FEC240. With 2 smaller I will be more flexible!!!
But I never try BBQ from pellet!!! I don't even know how will taste.
Have to fly to UK to try.
Now I am cooking on 3 XL BGE and an assassin 28

Need go gas with Ole Hickory or that type- you feed them full splits for the smoke.

Or go Old school with a brick pit or steel copy and feed coals underneath.

I prefer to leave gas as last, last option.
Unfortunately I cannot find sticks for smokin (and if you will find very expensive)
That's why I am looking for charcoal burning smoker. One big or 2 smaller...

Back