Yin and Yang- Cast Iron and Instant Pot Breakfast

Is that how you heat up the cast iron pan or was that to show the underside?

Eggs look great to me. I stopped using the Teflon coated stuff because their searing capabilities are subpar.

And sausage? I thought that was a chicken thigh...

I hadn’t used it in a while so I rinsed it off with hot water and was drying it before adding bacon fat and sausage. It’s about as non stick as they get. Really a cool skillet to have around.

Sausage looks fantastic and I love square eggs too. Good taste in iron, I have the very same Wagner and a similar No.7 Griswold Tite-Top oven. In case you did not know, your No.6 Griswold oven is worth $300 - $400, but I'm betting you get more value out of it than that! Any No. 6 Griswold is generally worth more as they were uncommon. The single hole handle on the Bacon and Egg Skillet is also rare, most had a handle similar to the one in the photo. Nice pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_6397.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 132
Thank You. I bought the skillet off EBay for a song. One of those weird ending times/days. The Griswold belonged to The Bride’s Grandmother.

Nice pieces you have. Great Minds

Nothing better than family iron & history, I have a few family pieces that I cherish. Great score, I gave up on Ebay for cast iron a couple years ago when the prices began to really escalate, maybe its time to look again. Thanks, I think...

Every so often the Brethren drag out their collections and take a photo. Pretty hilarious as most, without fail will forget a piece and not make it to the photo. I’m trying to scale back. Gave 3 skillet to my sister and have given a couple Griswolds to my son & DIL. I’ve canceled EBay account and focusing on wearing out aka enjoying the pieces I have.
Wagner Griswold Lodge a no name or two. All good. Enjoy them all. I don’t use my Lodge skillets much, but Ive a couple Lodge Loaf pans that are great outside on the Cookers.

Back